The iPod touch does not exist

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rajpatel, Dec 27, 2013.

1. rajpatel macrumors regular

I thought it was funny someone said everyone pretends the itouch doesn't exist. I have a soft spot in my heart for that little guy since he brought me into the apple family. I remember it well.......one single trip to the nations capital last year wore out the tires on my little econobox joke of a car. Went to SAMs club for new tires, was told they'd be three hundred bucks just to replace the front. Applied for credit. Bought an itouch 5g later that day, little more than a year ago. Two months later I got an ipad 4 and sold the touch but I will never forget that little dude and still wish I kept him. That little beauty was blue and thinner than my iPhone 5 and its finish was way nicer and it's music was certainly never interrupted by a phone call. However, it is nice to not carry my flip phone and ipod separately and instead have all in one.

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I like that story. I wish more people told story's on here.

3. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

Flip up the menu from the bottom of the screen. Select airplane mode. This will fix the issue of phone calls interrupting your music.:D Just kidding. Good story though.

4. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, since y'all like stories......another completely true story. An apple story of course. The only kind I have ;(

So a year ago, I liked the mini but definitely wanted a retina screen so I didn't get one. Instead I got the itouch as mentioned above. It was pretty fascinating. That was the first time I used a touch screen. I remember quite well a few weeks later reading a criticism of the ipad with the critic saying it's just a giant iPod touch. Reading those words, it hit me......I must have it. My main beef with the touch was its tiny screen.

In late feb, I picked up my first ipad. In a way it was a failure, because I was conditioned to be frugal and I have used every computer I ever bought for five years on average. Anyway, the ipad was wonderful. The first thing I saw was a notice from my student loan company about late payment. It looked really beautiful, I'd never seen anything like it and later amended the story when telling others to be an ad for Tylenol. Since debt is kinda personal but not for a message board.

Anyway, I had fun with my ipad, then several months later I got an iPhone 5. Then I got a retina mini which I loved like it was my son until I finally just got tired of all the zooming and panning involved in surfing net with a mini, even retina Mini in my humble and near worthless estimation.

I exchanged the mini retina for the Air and very happy. Glad I had the mini experience, because I I think that Mini beats Air in everything except web browsing. So I will miss it, but I need the extra space of the Air for reading on the Internet and also for other large files I sometimes deal with, adobe etc

5. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

6. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Well, maybe it doesn't exist in the OP's world, but it's alive and kicking in mine.

I use my iPod Touch 5 daily and purchased another as a Christmas gift. There are five of them in my family, even though we also have iPads.

Can't beat the Touch for mobility. Plus, it has a darned good camera. :)

7. Shift Option K macrumors regular

Shift Option K

All my friends, acquaintances, pretend the Touch is the only kind of iPod because they think all the others are useless and junk, obsolete and no one wants to buy. Whenever anyone of us says iPod, we're talking iPod Touch.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

At least stop calling it iTouch! There is nothing called the iTouch.

9. gmm421 macrumors newbie

I never find it a burden to carry both devices and save money. People choose to give away so much of their income to have an "all in one" solution. To each his own.

10. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

Hey you are preaching to the choir. I love the......drumroll please......full given birth name.......Apple iPod Touch 5g. Sorry for calling it itouch.....that must drive the cultists crazy. Anyway, I'm basically with ya cuz getting an iPhone has been horrible for my wallet with the overages at vz. I miss the days of my itouch and having money vs no itouch, an iPhone 5, and several hundred dollars in overages just in the last two months.

11. YanniDepp macrumors 6502

YanniDepp

It's against the forum rules to complain about that. I'm not even joking!

12. 617aircav Suspended

But your solution doesn't come with data. I have a 5s and pay only $40 a month. Way more convenient.

13. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

It may not "exist" for you but i still use mine everyday even though i have an iPhone 5c and ipad mini, ipad 2, and my hp latop. In fact im typing this post on my iPod touch 4g...

14. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Are you only using your iPod to keep your user name?

15. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

No, i use all my devices for mac rumors;some times i use my ipad mini or iphone 5c and sometimes i use my ipod touch or my hp laptop. Normally it just depends on which device is charged ir which device is most convienently located closest to me.

I generally have my apple devices for a cirtain task...

My iphone is obviously used mainly for calls and texts

My ipod touch is for gaming

My ipod nano is for music

My ipad is for web browsing

SO I USE ALL MY DEVICES ALMOST EVERY DAY...I GENNERALLY HAVE ONLY 16GB apple devices as i can much easily afford them so having my entire music library, all my apps and games on my iphone doesnt work out very well as my itunes library is 60GB so it is evenly spread across my apple devices.

16. gmm421 macrumors newbie

I have unlimited data with wifi, and I pay $30 a month. This provides wifi for my whole house, not one device. I don't need the convenience of being connected to internet everywhere I go, which is why I only need a Tracfone for occasional calls outside of wifi. If I need the net, many places offer free wifi.

17. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

The iPod Touch is a brilliant device. I guess most people have the "pro" version--the iPhone.

I'm waiting for the next upgrade to purchase a new one. My 2G is still good, but it is a clunky and dated piece from Oct. 2008. And I want that camera.

There is something called the iTouch... or there was. No one probably bought them. They were a knock-off of the iPod by some cheap company in Asia. It's funny to see how the market reacts to Apple so quickly with substandard products shoved out quick and dirty.