The IT Crowd still on?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bmcgonag, Apr 16, 2007.

1. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

So, not being from the UK, I came across this show on the internet...hilarious!

Don[t suppose it's still on, I only found 6 episodes. If so, where can I watch these episodes, purchase, etc.?

Thanks,

Brian

2. dcv macrumors G3

The official Channel4 microsite is here. Looks like they're currently filming the next series.

Personally I saw the first episode and hated it, didn't bother with the rest. Very forced geek humour, meh. Not my bag.

3. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Weirdly, I watched the entire first series of this yesterday and wondered exactly the same thing. I quite liked it (guess that makes me a geek then :p ), but then I am a big fan of Chris Morris.

4. dcv macrumors G3

Hehe :p (sorry!)

I just remember watching the first episode and it being rather predictable with way too much canned laughter.

5. CortexRock macrumors 6502

This series just improves with age... sure there's a lot of in-jokes for IT people but I think it's a worthy successor to shows like Father Ted and Black Books.

@bmcgonag: Most UK sitcoms are only 6 to 8 episodes per series/season because they're written by individuals or small teams, and it's very hard to convince TV execs to spend the money to develop them further.

P.S. Red Dwarf > Hyperdrive (let's see if anyone's paying attention)

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've got mixed feelings for IT Crowd. On one hand I can watch it without feeling too repulsed, on the other; it is no Black Books or Father Ted. The funniest moment for me was the new Emergency Services advert, but the responses from the actors sorta killed it.

Morris is definitely the best guy on it :) always hilarious.

7. bmcgonag thread starter macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Now, when I ask this, don't take offense, because I know the difference between British and Australian, but does the Moss guy do Outback Steak House commercials?

8. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

What isnt though! And heres a clip of the emergency services advert:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbYK1eLPdIc

9. nadyne macrumors 6502a

I'm geeky enough that I named my personal MacBook Bernard (this name was part of my justification for getting the black one), and my MBP at work is named Moss.

If you get the chance, watch the 3l33t subtitles for the first episode. They're absolutely hysterical. The rest of the subtitles aren't as good (they just directly went to 3l33t instead of translating them into appropriately geeky topics), but the ones from the first episode aren't to be missed.

10. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

11. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i liked it, but it wasnt as good as Father Ted (the writters former sit-com) that was a master piece

12. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

Ah Father Ted. One of my favourite episodes is the one with the Sheep Competition? Words cant describe it, so here's a video of one of the best moments in that episode.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anzn5u--AZ4

13. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

I liked the FIRE joke! Could see certain people I've worked with in the past doing this :D

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've no idea what outback steak is :D

*skips the Youtube sheep vid and puts on DVD* comedy gold.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKqEU6jlNw&mode=related&search= I love the songs Lineham (with the help of the Divine Comedy) sticks in his shows. They better put more in IT Crowd 2

15. nadyne macrumors 6502a

You're asking about the 3l33t subtitles? They're available on the DVD version of the show. Highly recommended.