The iTunes Store Cannot Complete Your Request (Authorizations)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by na1577, May 21, 2009.

1. na1577 macrumors 6502a

I'm having a few annoying troubles with the iTunes Store. Here's a timeline of the errors:

A few days ago:
    -I tried to play one of my purchased songs, and it asked me to type in my password to authorize my purchases. The computer was already authorized, and I had to use my 4th and 5th authorizations on the same computer. Everything is now working fine.

Today
    -I plugged in my iPod and attempted to sync it.
    -iTunes asks me to authorize my two additional accounts. I type in the first ID and password, and it gives me an error message saying that it cannot complete my request. It then threatened to delete my purchases off of my iPod. (I lost then lost one application)
    -I try to authorize the second account. It says the password is invalid. I try it a few more times, then gives me a dialog to reset my password. I clicked the button and it told me that the ID does not exist. The ID does exist, and the password I entered was correct.
    - Now I cannot listen to most music on my computer, I lost one of my applications, and I was forced to use two authorizations on the same computer.

Anyone have a solution? Or is anyone else having this problem? If it helps, I'm using iTunes on Windows Vista.

2. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I'm not sure if it's related, but I can't do ANYTHING with iTMS right now. Can't rent movies on my Apple TV, can't authorize/de-authorize computers, and I know I'm entering everything correctly. Last time this happened, there was an outage on the iTunes store. Not sure what's going on. I've been trying for the past half hour.

3. UnclePaulie macrumors regular

Same problem here, I can't log into the iTunes store at all, and I can't authorize my computer (just had hard drive replaced). Hope this gets fixed soon.