Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

122928-jobs_email_generator.jpg

Apple CEO Steve Jobs has been receiving a fair amount of attention of late for his email replies to customers. The replies are typically very short and to the point, but still demonstrate an unusual level of customer interaction for a customarily private CEO of a major company.

Popular comic site The Joy of Tech this week has taken advantage of Jobs' responses to create an amusing Steve Jobs Email Reply Generator, offering readers the ability to customize a generic fake email to Steve Jobs using extensive options in various drop-down menus. Readers can also create a customized fake reply from Jobs.

While the comic experience may not match the excitement Apple fans might feel in receiving an actual reply from Jobs, it does offer an entertaining diversion for those with a few minutes on their hands.

Article Link: The Joy of Tech Posts 'Steve Jobs Email Reply Generator'

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I just emailed steve
Hi Steve, I am an iPhone developer who is still using floppy disks. You are insanely great, but that is besides the point. I have a question about flash on the iPad. Will my cheezburger somehow end up on a gadget site?

All the best,
Captain Kangaroo

I can't wait for his reply! :p

Ok, so I didn't actually email him. I just have way too much time on my hands. But if I did, he would have replied with the following:

I will rain fire and brimstone down upon thee.

Sent from my iPhone

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Less good than I thought it would be.
So much potential there wasted. It's not a generator, there's nothing generated - you just pick every option yourself, including his replies.

There isn't even an output or export option, so I can't cut & paste the message I created here.

I expected a generator to have an element of the unexpected in it.

doctoree

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
Secret lair/ Earthmiddlepoint
Less good than I thought it would be.
So much potential there wasted. It's not a generator, there's nothing generated - you just pick every option yourself, including his replies.

There isn't even an output or export option, so I can't cut & paste the message I created here.

I expected a generator to have an element of the unexpected in it.

Jup really dissapointing. I had such a great question and then I noticed I was supposed to answer my own question... really stupid

myca

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
Nothing beats the real thing, even if his answers are often short, and not too helpful.

I've still got the email he sent me saying that most cameras don't use firewire, when I complained about firewire being nixed from the macbooks, it jarated me somewhat.

I'm still never too sure if it is the man himself who writes the mails, or if there is some poor lackey who has to scour his inbox :D

calsci

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
This is really funny. I wish you could send them then it would be really funny.

turborebel83

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2010
Ive emailed jobs twice in my life.

once i emailed him my highschool presentation when the new ibook came out in 2001...

and then i told how i traveled and saw the ipod everywhere circa 2004...

his replys were really upbeat and sardonically humorous.

Kristenn

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2009
Hi Steve,

I'm a stalker

who loves everything you do

you are my hero

but that is beside the point,

as I have a question about my Steve Jobs Fan Club Membership

Will I

Somehow be blessed with your one worded response?

All the best

Your lover, (in another life)

Sorry, no.

Steve,

Sent from my iPad

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
Years ago... back in the 1960s - early 70s... Mad Magazine (yes, I was young back then) had these in their mag every so often. I'm not sure but I think they were called mad libs... this is a complete ripoff of that.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Years ago... back in the 1960s - early 70s... Mad Magazine (yes, I was young back then) had these in their mag every so often. I'm not sure but I think they were called mad libs... this is a complete ripoff of that.

Ya, they were the Do-It-Yourself newspaper stories.

Mad Libs are similar but slightly different (and not related to Mad magazine despite appearing at about the same time)...they don't have options provided for each blank space. They only give you a part of a speech and you're on your own for coming up with a word to fill in the blank.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.