The keyboard folio is LOUD

Discussion in 'iPad' started by flur, Nov 7, 2018 at 3:18 PM.

1. flur macrumors 68000

flur

Is it just me, or is the keyboard really, really loud? It’s kind of embarrassing, it sounds like I’m banging away. Dunno if I’m going to keep it because it’s so obnoxious. Is the 10.5” keyboard this loud?

2. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

the sound is identical to the 10.5 keyboard.

3. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Agreed.

To the OP, it Depends on your typing style. I can type fast and quiet on mine quite easily. When you slam your fingers (possibly fingernails too) it will definetly be loud.

4. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Zune55

No way loud.

5. macbookghost macrumors newbie

macbookghost

I have had similar issues. My biggest is that people can hear me type on conference calls. It sounds like I am using a hammer. It's like the keyboard has its own mic. Is anyone hearing this as well?

6. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

7. Treebark macrumors regular

Treebark

In my initial impressions thread I mentioned how loud the keyboard sounded. I wish it were quieter too, but as others have mentioned if you change how you strike the keys a bit you can type with quite a bit less noise.

For the last couple of days I have been pounding away, unless I am in a quiet room. When this occurs I am able to type softly.

8. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

I'm used to the MacBook Pro, so it isn't loud at all to me.

9. kristiguin macrumors member

kristiguin

I find it to be pretty loud in comparison to my laptop keyboard (a Surface Book with chicklet style keys.) But it’s not rediculous - just louder than I am used to.

10. cornerexit macrumors 6502

Nothing burger to me. It’s not that loud. You can type soft or you can bang away on it. Much like any other keyboard I use. I really like the new keyboard, solid buy.

11. GDF macrumors 6502

Same as last years keyboard. Don't consider it loud.

12. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Are you one of those annoying people that don’t mute their phones when they aren’t talking on conference calls?

My regular keyboard is mechanical so compared to that the ASK is damn near silent.

13. flur thread starter macrumors 68000

flur

My phone is permanently on mute. Because I like my devices, including my keyboards, to be as silent as possible.

Also, I have manners. You should try them sometimes. People tend to like you more with them.

14. GDF macrumors 6502

Its just you, as it is no louder than any of Apple's previous keyboards. I think it is quiet.