The Kite Runner/A Thousand Splendid Suns

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by twistedlegato, Mar 21, 2008.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Has anyone else read these amazing books? I have finished The Kite Runner and i just finished the end of "Part 1" of A Thousand Splendid Suns.

I just love these books, even though I am rather young. They are extremely well written, and have great plots and conflicts. I really can't wait to finish reading ATSS.

Plus, I'm Persian so i can understand all those words in italics which makes it more fun :D

2. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Kite runner was beautiful read
    very believable and flowed nicely

thousand splendid sun was utter crap. it is clear that the author is male and does a poor job of describing the reasoning behind the action of the female characters. the characters feel like standard stereotypes with no depth and uniqueness.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I have read The Kite Runner (two years ago I think) and I remember liking it.

I haven't gotten around to reading A Thousand Splendid Suns, but I'm sure I will one of these days.

twistedlegato, I assume you're in high school or thereabouts (rather young is a tad vague) but you'll read some even better books soon. :)

4. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Yeah, so far The Kite Runner is MUCH better. But I'll finish read A Thousand Splendid Suns anyways.

5. jng macrumors 65816

jng

I actually liked A Thousand Splendid Suns better. I found the Kite Runner to be rather fantastic at times and I think it moved me less.

6. darkdanny macrumors newbie

I have todo a reading from this book 3 or 4 pages, with lots of lines. was woping if anyone here could give me an idea of wat scene i could do?

7. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

I personally did not particularly like Kite Runner, but I had to read it for school, which puts all books in an entirely different light, in my opinion. So I'm considering re-reading just on my own and seeing what I think of it then...