Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mappyman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
UK
After upgrading to OS 3.0 I noticed my Contacts photos are now small thumbnails when someone calls me. Prior to 3.0 they were large.

Is there anyway I can get the large photos back again ? Presumably from a backup?

mocciat

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Northern California
I noticed the same thing and thought it was a bug. I tried a restore but still small thumbnails. Odd thing is my friend has 3.1 and says the pictures are still big on his 3GS.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
After upgrading to OS 3.0 I noticed my Contacts photos are now small thumbnails when someone calls me. Prior to 3.0 they were large.

Is there anyway I can get the large photos back again ? Presumably from a backup?

When you add people with contacts via software on your computer (such as Address Book) and pick pics for the contacts in the software, you get the smaller pictures. If you add them from your iPhone you get the large picture. So, if you have the photos synced to your iPhone, just choose the photos again for each of your contacts that you want photos for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.