The last 24hrs-reflecting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iwayne, Sep 15, 2016.

1. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

For a lot of us today is an otherwise overlooked day as it's the last 24hrs we have with our iPhone 6s/plus. Apple often talks about the emotional connection we have with our devices. They have become computers that go everywhere with us and capture many special memories. As excited as I am to get my new iPhone tomorrow it's bittersweet as I say goodbye to a device that spent more time with me than anything else over the past year.

2. andrewr2123 macrumors member

Wow, this just made me very sad to give up my iPhone 6. Strange.

3. wicker21 macrumors member

wicker21

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm not sad yet. I ordered a black iPhone 7+, so I have at least another 6-8 weeks left with my iPhone 6s.

5. noobinator macrumors 601

Adios headphone jack and clunky, chunky home button, you were thorns in my side!

6. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

I think the first phone I really felt any connection to was my 5S. Because it was the first one with a fingerprint sensor, and it felt like MY phone. I actually felt bad when I wiped it. My 6s I currently have I will be happy to get rid of because it is white and I never really liked the white as much as the black phones. I am looking forward to having a black phone again.

7. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I just thought about this. I've literally had my 6S Plus for almost a whole year every single day. Wow..

8. Mansu944 macrumors regular

Exactly...**** my iPhone 6+, hello sweet iPhone 7.

9. ctbaz macrumors member

To me it's just a phone. Something that makes life more convenient.

10. iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

I'm definitely happy to be getting a new iPhone especially a water resistant one but the iPhone does become such a major part of our everyday life. The major reason we upgrade every year is due to the better camera as we take a ton of photos with it.

11. KPOM macrumors G5

Well, one week less since the 7 is launching a week early. :)

12. Canadia69 macrumors regular

Never thought about this...this phone has been with me through so many places omg...travelled with it ...

13. Trogdor796 macrumors regular

Trogdor796

I will indeed miss my 6+. It was my first iPhone, and we've gone many places and done many things. We had a good run :(

14. FrozenInferno macrumors regular

Thanks to iCloud I don't need to fret over giving up an old phone for a new one, within minutes I can have everything beamed to the new phone right where I left it on the old phone. I'm impressed with the smooth operation of iCloud and how stress free it is to transition between phones without missing a stride aside from reloading some non-iTunes music and rebuilding playlists.

My 5S was a great phone but I love my SE even more. Fantastic device.

15. AndersOlson macrumors member

Ever see multiplicity?

16. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I think about stuff like this all the time. Like, for example, my 6+ was the phone that I had with me when we took our daughter to Disneyland for the first time. I took tons of pictures of her and our trip with it, and I got kind of sentimental about trading it in for my 6s+. By the time I have my 7+ it'll be the phone I'm taking pics of our baby (in February) with.

I had to stop letting myself get so attached things because I was in danger of becoming a hoarder. Now I focus on the memories of the events rather than associating things with those memories.

17. DJJazzyJeff Suspended

DJJazzyJeff

I think you need some friends.

18. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

Goodbye and good riddance. I don't own a single old iPhone and I've had them all. The one I'm typing up this instant will be in a box on its way off tomorrow.

It's a phone dude and the only good one is the newest one.

19. KPOM macrumors G5

I used the original as an iPod for a few years and just decided to hold onto it for whatever reason. It's locked to AT&T, and can't even connect much as AT&T is repurposing their 2G spectrum to LTE, but it might make a nice comparison to next year's.

20. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

My 6s Plus will get retired to my 2nd line (Verizon phone with unlimited data/tethering). I only use it for data really. My 6 Plus will get sold or repurposed as an iPod. 7 Plus will now be my primary phone.

21. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

22. stanman64 macrumors 6502a

stanman64

It was a little emotional getting rid of my original iPhone 4. I pre-ordered and received it on launch day (even had the regular Phillips screws before they switched to pentabular). It was my first iPhone and first Apple product. It stayed in my family until December 2015, and was working perfectly until then, sans home button. I miss that thing.

23. 5684697 Suspended

Yes, yes, same thing happens with wives, it is just a LOT MORE expensive when you "upgrade". ;)

24. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

I do admit that i will miss my 6s a little bit. At the same time, how can i complain about an extra two hours of battery?
    good.png

25. bnahms123 macrumors newbie

cringe.. i literally have 0% emotional connection to my phone and feel no remorse upgrading