The Last Guy!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Aug 21, 2008.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

A demo just hit the US PSN store. I really wasn't expecting that :). Downloading now.

Anyone else?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

ooo interesting. Will download tomorrow. Post your thoughts when you have it downloaded :)

3. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmm, I think I'll pause The Force Unleashed demo for now so this finishes. Maybe play some Eden while I wait :\. I <3 remote play XD.

4. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Starting the game.... what the heck is that background (when you hover over the game icon in the XMB)?? Now I gotta go run downstairs and play ;). BBL.

5. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok. Finished the (short :() demo.

The demo is just one level. Level one, based in Tokyo Japan. You have to bring 500 people to the escape zone in 5 minutes. The controls are simple. The left stick controls the guy. The right stick moves the camera. Triangle is dash (lowers stamina bar in the corner), circle makes the followers gather together closer, and X turns on a mode where you can see where people are (green circles) and where you can actually go (dark gray are borders). You can't see monsters while holding X. You mostly just have to run near people on the street or buildings with people and they will come out and follow you. Guide them away from monsters and bring the to the same zone. You get more points if you have a big combo of people. Once you reach 500 you continue until the timer drops out. Then a dropship gathers the people and flies off.

The demo was really, really short but it gave a good idea of the main gameplay. The game was pretty fun. I would have preferred a level a bit more challenging but this was level one so I'm sure the other levels get a lot harder. There were a couple of different mosters. Some fuzzle eyeball and a standard monster that was pinkish and just ran at me when it saw me. I only ran into one once. And it took a huge chunk out of the crowd following me. The game was pretty interesting. I love the music, the art stlye, and just the weirdness. Yet another sweet PSN game :).

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The people are so small....my eyes can't take it. This is the reason I couldn't play Pixel Junk Racers.....too damn small.

Bless

7. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha, how big is your TV? It was fine on mine ;). Try zooming in :\

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

My second playthrough was better.....I like the game but at $9.99 I can't bring my fingers to click the purchase button.

Guess I'll wait for the clearance like they did with PJM.

Bless