The last of the 4gb iPhone (Question)

jedivulcan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Are the 299 iPhones they are selling today a mixture of refurbished and new units? I purchased mine (refurbished) last week for 399. I called Apple and they credited me 100 and some dollars down to the 299 price. Should I be bothered that I could have had a new one? Are refurbs basically new? I know the box is different from a new to refurb. I just didn't want to send off an iPhone if there was nothing wrong with the one I got... that almost answers itself. Any advice.

taiyed

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2007
Are the 299 iPhones they are selling today a mixture of refurbished and new units? I purchased mine (refurbished) last week for 399. I called Apple and they credited me 100 and some dollars down to the 299 price. Should I be bothered that I could have had a new one? Are refurbs basically new? I know the box is different from a new to refurb. I just didn't want to send off an iPhone if there was nothing wrong with the one I got... that almost answers itself. Any advice.
Well, you could have placed an order for a brand new 8gb, and sent your 4gb refurb back once it arrives.

I just talked to Apple and am doing exactly this. All I pay is the restock fee of %10

elcerrito494

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2006
I'm sending my 4GB back so I can get a new 8GB. I found out about the price drop 5 minutes before FedEx dropped off my refurb 4GB and I was PISSED!

Intake

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
If the box is not opened, call FedEx and tell them that you refuse delivery.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
is there any hope / recourse for someone who purchased a 4 gig at launch?
You'd think there would be. They've basically halved in value in 2 months due to what Apple did today. I've never seen a product's value drop so substantially in such a short time.

stuff99

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2007
You'd think there would be. They've basically halved in value in 2 months due to what Apple did today. I've never seen a product's value drop so substantially in such a short time.
obviously the 4gb isnt selling as much