The last update is draining my iPhone 4 battery fast ??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by imutter, Mar 30, 2011.

1. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

I have not have had any complains until last update. In 15 min I went from 100% to 85 this never happened before ??

2. fjd726 macrumors regular

I noticed the same with mine. Havent changed anything on the phone except for the upgrade to 1.1.1

3. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Weird, iOS 4.2.1 - 6-8% per hour
    iOS 4.3 - 25% per hour (18% per hour with jailbreak wtf?)
    iOS 4.3.1 - 1% per hour

If you ask me, it's superb.

4. imutter thread starter macrumors 6502

imutter

I have no jailbreak everyone in my family has iPhones we all have the drainage eversince the iOS 4.3.1 update I will resync later and see if itakes some difference

5. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

6. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

+1
    Disabling Ping, and sometimes Push, increases the lifespan by about 1-2 hours. Also, a full cycle resets the battery's conditions, optimizing for the next cycle. These should return your battery back to normal.

If they don't help, then try putting the phone in Airplane Mode in low-coverage zones. It saved me at least 80% of my battery one day; AT&T's crap signal drains more battery than MyWi...
    If you need to stay connected, then try turning on Wi-Fi while in Airplane Mode. Yes, it's possible.

7. l3l2lzzl3 macrumors newbie

That's weird.
    After upgrading to iOS 4.3.1, My battery life increased dramatically.
    My iphone has been on for 2 days straight, 17hours of usage time with the usual features on, normal mid brightness with auto, 3g, cellular data, push notification etc.

8. imutter thread starter macrumors 6502

imutter

I hve not changed setting and why would I ahve to do this since I updated and not before ? I know how to make battery last longer ....... I also thought I had Ping turned off ( I hate it ) but I am home now and rechecking everything

9. imutter thread starter macrumors 6502

imutter

You are right Ping was turned on what the h***:( I did not ask for it to be on ..specially not on my kids phone ... I hope this was it. Thanks

10. dlemmon macrumors regular

my wife's phone is at 38% and mine is at 68% taken off charger same time this morning. Same settings (I set them both up). and very similar usage. What should I do? restore her phone? or exchange it again.