The Lighter the Better?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by skydenyy, Apr 14, 2011.

1. skydenyy macrumors newbie

With the same configuration, is a netbook the lighter the better? I am confused. Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It depends on your needs, if you have two notebooks with the same specs and differing only in weight, the lighter one will probably be more expensive, but if you need something that is very portable then it is probably worth it and thus better. If you don't care about weight, the heavier one will be cheaper and better for your needs.

3. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I'd definitely go for the lighter model. Of course you're going to have to factor in costs but if they are the same price you should definitely get the lighter one.

I have a BlackBook and although i don't really mind the weight, it gets tiresome carrying that along with stuff for school when I'm constantly walking long distances. A new backpack will probably remedy the problem though :)

4. skydenyy thread starter macrumors newbie

the problem is that I do not have even one, not to say two. Can you please give me some suggestion on which brand to buy?

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Have one what? A MacBook? or a bag? Well yea I could definitely recommend both :)

For the MacBook, what are you planning on doing with it? If you are doing things like watching videos, word processing, maybe a little picture editing (nothing serious) and web browsing, then any MacBook will get the job done.

The MacBook Airs are the smallest and lightest and the lowest spec'd overall, however they do have SSD drives (which I'm sure you can get in certain models of other Macs) but they fare pretty well with average day to day activities.

Since you dont' really have a computer at all though, I would suggest a macbook pro; they all have great specs and whatnot, and the reason that I didn't suggest a macbook is because an update to the line should be coming around the corner any time now.

For a laptop bag? Incase has some pretty good ones.... I like that overall look that they have; if you're into video games and know what MLG (Major League Gaming) is, Astro Gaming has a couple that are great quality; going to get one from them at the start of the summer.

6. skydenyy thread starter macrumors newbie

You are so humorous. Of course what i want is a netbook not a bag.:p
    I want to buy one online as I think it would be cheaper. What is your opinion?

7. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

You're on a Mac Rumors forum here. MBA 11" for extreme portability

8. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Haha oh ok :)

Well yea you're on a Mac forum so you're going to get a lot of Mac replies... which IMO is all you need ;)

But seriously... if you want extreme portability a MBA will do great... the 13 inch ones are slim and have amazing battery life; if you're willing to get the 1.4/1.6ghz dual core instead of a 2.x one (dual), then you should be set. They all have the glass trackpad which is great as well.

Like I posted before though, I would suggest a MBP. They are still very portable and small in size compared to other laptops and have a performance (and build) increase compared to the regular, polycarbonate Macs.

What are you planning on doing with your computer? Where are you taking it? These things would help us out a lot :)