the limbo that is 4.0.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eyepon, Sep 8, 2010.

1. eyepon macrumors newbie

i am one of the millions caught with an outta the box iphone 4.0.2 you can just imagine our anxiety since getting the unit last month, anticipating the jb..

if there is no known jb for 4.0.2, would it make sense to update to 4.1 already? since that will be coming along anyway... nothing more to lose and just take that leap of faith (in the dev team)

its a pretty expensive ipod touch if you ask me

2. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

If there is a known loophole in 4.0.2 that has been patched in 4.1 then it would be released. ex. the Spirit jb for 3.1.3. It was only released because that same exploit was patched in iOS 4.0.

3. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Are you dependent on an unlock or need one in the future?

4. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

And there is no jailbreak ready for 4.1 yet either.
    If you expect to jailbreak and especially unlock, don't upgrade until the tools are released. Show a little patience.
    Us release day iPhone 4 owners went 5 weeks before jailbreak.me was released.

5. dstar macrumors regular

It's all up to you. My iPhone 4 came with 4.0.2 too. I have my SHSH files saved and I upgraded to 4.1 using firmware umbrella to protect my baseband (even though I don't need an unlock).

6. eyepon thread starter macrumors newbie

im overseas most of the time thats why i need to JB it...

why did i ever get caught with 4.0.2?!?! i bought it aug 23, all outta the box units were shipped aug 20! lol