The Lion OSX upgrade for current buyers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by leftPCbehind209, Jun 10, 2011.

1. leftPCbehind209 macrumors member

I bought my MacBook Pro last 5/21 and it was delivered last week. I saw that people that purchase MBP starting a couple of days ago, will get a voucher for Lion OSX.

Does anyone think if I call Apple and tell them I'd like a free copy too that they would care? Anyone have experience with this type of request with Apple?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

If you were still in your 14 day return window they might oblige, but I don't think it will happen this late in the game.

3. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I think it's worth a try to call. I assume you registered your computer already and said you bought it 5/21?

4. MyMac8MyPC macrumors member

The free downloads are ONLY for those computers purchased AFTER June 6th. You simply go to the App store and it will allow you to get the free download. Nothing for the Apple store to do about this, it's set in the system. You'll need to return your unit if you want to get a free download. BTW, this info is all per a Apple supervisor I just talked with about this same issue. They (Apple) has to draw the line somewhere, and June 6th is where the line starts....

5. myMacRumors macrumors regular

OS X Lion Up-to-Date Program

http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/