The "Lion will be released on ____" thread

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by DreamscapeRuins, Jul 14, 2011.

1. DreamscapeRuins, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

I've seen a new thread every day. Sometimes twice a day with the title "Lion will be released tomorrow at x:xx PM - no proof but this guaranteed!"

Or

"Look at this nifty photoshop manip I made, LION IS SHOWING IN MY APP STORE. BELIEVE ME."

So I thought we could all pile into one thread and discuss when Lion will be released, rather than creating a new one every day. Lets call this the official "Lion will be released whenever its released" thread.

Heres the latest Lion-centric release date news post:

Lion to release tomorrow, not today.

There is a 5.8% chance that Lion will be released tomorrow.
    Alternatively, theres a 94.2% chance it won't be.

2. MaartenG macrumors newbie

All i hope is that OSX Lion will be available for download very soon. I don't believe these rumors any more.

3. Stitzu macrumors member

Haha good idea... I've been getting kind of sick of try to keep up with them all.

4. o'glory macrumors member

There's going to be a new article every single day saying it's going to be released the following day. We just know it's going to release this month. We may as well just stop freaking out and save the suspense. Just forget about it, and then it'll come faster.

5. MrRoyksopp macrumors regular

So many people said that it would be released today, but nothing has happened yet.
    I don't really believe the rumors anymore, I just hope to see the release very soon.

6. DreamscapeRuins thread starter macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

Exactly. I got excited about it the first time I saw a "Guaranteed to release tomorrow!"

And then it didn't release. Now its just getting old. I'm planning on sitting back and waiting.

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

so this must be today's ... "Lion will be released when thread"

8. MaartenG macrumors newbie

Al these rumors are based on nothing. Even the rumor about the 'overnights'. We don't hear anything about that now ...

9. Duke15 macrumors 6502

Duke15

Agreed how have we not heard what they were for, CNET is saying that the Chinese apple stores are having overnights tonight. I think it coiuld be released tomorrow as it is a friday and new hardware on tuesday.

10. vodouman macrumors regular

So bored of waiting for this now. If it isn't out tomorrow i'll probably just download the GM then when the MAS download appears to all consumers I'll pay for it and do a clean install :)

11. basher macrumors 6502

basher

I'm so thinking the same. All these rumors have really put a damper on getting excited for 10.7

12. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5259f Safari/6533.18.5)

I downloaded and installed the GM today on my HD. I have an SSD waiting for the general release and I'll do a clean install when I have a spare few hours.

13. JoshAlder macrumors member

i wouldn't be surprised to see the new mac mini's and macbook airs, then release lion a few days after.

14. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'd expect a Lion release first so the new hardware comes with it pre-installed.

15. alexxk macrumors 6502

Just my opinion here...

Until we see the delivery dates changes on apple.com for mac mini and macbook air from 24hrs to 3-5 days I don't expect to see Lion OS on the App store...

My guess and this is just a guess, they won't come out until the last week of July...

16. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

I remember being so excited for Leopard to come out that I nearly didn't go to a party. I did and realized there truly how little a few hours or days comes out to be. Enjoy life! Technology is supposed to improve our lives, not envelop them.

17. iPadPhone macrumors member

18. webpoet73 macrumors regular

Every other release I have been to (10.5 and 10.6) were at 6PM of that day... I realize those were box copies, but maybe it'll be at 6PM tonight... I will miss going to the Apple Store and waiting in line with other users to get my copy... The App Store distribution kills the social aspect of it all...

If it comes out, it does. If it don't, then it might just be a day away...

19. jollygoodamy macrumors regular

I place my virtual money on it coming out by the 21st.:cool:

20. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

I place my virtual money on it coming out by the 31st. :cool:

21. DreamscapeRuins thread starter macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

I place a virtual million bucks that it'll come out sometime before August 1st :cool: :rolleyes:

22. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Apple's got up to the 31st, and the market will be just fine with that.

23. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

I heard 26th. I was hoping for today but oh well.

24. MrRoyksopp macrumors regular