Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Ok, here's something that's bugging me. On my dock, next to the trash, there's always been a little springboard with an "@" symbol on it that led to an OS X homepage. Anyone know how I can get this back again? I kind of removed it by mistake, and however much I try to put a safari link or some such there it doesn't work.

Any advice?

Also how can I open two safari windows at once otherwise?

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
don't know how to get the spring back, it's always bugged me...

as for safari windows- go to preferences- activate tabbed browsing. then use apple-t.

or for a whole new window, apple-n

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Go to the OS X home page in Safari (or any page you want). Then drag the address from the location bar to your Dock (drag it by the favicon on the left). You can also use any of your bookmarks from the "Show all bookmarks"-list.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Go to the OS X home page in Safari (or any page you want). Then drag the address from the location bar to your Dock (drag it by the favicon on the left). You can also use any of your bookmarks from the "Show all bookmarks"-list.

I could be wrong, but I think they want the actual "spring" icon back in its place, not just a link

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
MacDawg said:
I could be wrong, but I think they want the actual "spring" icon back in its place, not just a link

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif
If you drag the link, the Dock representation is the spring. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.