The Local Authorities

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by iSax1234, Mar 20, 2010.

1. iSax1234 macrumors regular

So this morning I woke up about 6:40 to go take pictures of the sunrise, which turned out pretty bad, anyways... So I grab my camera bag, tripod, and flash light and I'm out the door. I drive to this little mountain called Bald Knob which is located right behind the highschool. So i get there and start waking and could see very well in the woods as the sun had already started to come up, but I decided I would turn the flash light on anyways for saftey or so I didn't get shot, our county is very red-neck hillbilly. So I get up to the top spend my time taking pictures and start heading down. Well on the way down almost at the bottom I was met by two lovely police officers starting to walk up.

They were very polite and nice and asked me to look in my tripod bag. And I emptied my pockets for them and they checked by drivers license. They asked a few questions, none of which were insisting I was up to no good, they thought I was geocashing actually lol... But anyways they had gotten a call about someone with a flash light who may have thought there had been a HOSTAGE situation. It was really funny.

So have any of you guys had interesting stories with the police while trying to photograph.

2. jbernie macrumors 6502a

jbernie

Yikes, if I am ever in your neck of the woods I will use night vision goggles instead of a torch :).

No run ins yet, thankfully, though I did get reminded at the Seattle Art Museum about no photos :eek: , I went in expecting for that, but for the life of me I could not see any signs. I wish Galleries/Museums would put up a few more signs, they are normally right be the entry doors but on crowded days it isnt always easy to see every sign.

3. macbrooke macrumors regular

macbrooke

I read this not long ago and was floored, I live not that far from here, in another city mentioned in his posts (Westmount)

I can see it however.. we have private security in Westmount as well. but I have never been stopped!
    http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=9368