Oh my, this is just my second post, ever, in this great forum, and surprise, surprise it's another Merom Macbook/Macbook Pro rant...but wait, don't go yet... Been reading lots of posts regarding this greatly debated issue and I can't help but point out what I think is the underlying reason why most of us are not taking the plunge to purchase a new Apple lappy (at least, consider this as my own reason why I'm holding off). Of course, I am not going to suggest waiting if you really, really need a laptop right now...so let me get this off my system...just go out and grab a Macbook or two...now!!!...ok, that feels better. For the rest of us, we shall wait a little longer for our beloved Core 2 Duos. And here's why: WE ARE NOT JUST TALKING A CPU SPEED BUMP HERE-WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A MAJOR ARCHITECTURE CHANGE FROM 32-BIT TO 64-BIT: Yes, I could have just gone out to my local Apple Store a month ago and got myself a shiny new Macbook, but I can't help but wonder that when Leopard is released at the beginning of next year, my lappy will not be fully taking advantage of the new operating system (when I say fully, I mean fully, not compatibility). For sure, I can still run Leopard when it's released, but it bothers me to think that I will be compromising a bit. Yes, quad cores are in the horizon but these are still 64-bit, not 128, and a 128-bit operating system is not even in the woodworks yet (or at least that's what I know). Yes, other faster 64-bit Intel chip are slated to appear within the next few months, but they're still 64-bit chips! I want to have a laptop that will at least last me for a year and be able to take full advantage of the 64-bit capability of Leopard, be it features of the operating system itself or other programs that will take advantage of the added capabilities. And I believe a Merom based Macbook will get it's job done without compromise. Just check out the facts in Wikipedia or from other sites about Core Duo vs. Core 2 Duo...the differences are slight but they're worth noting. The wait is a pain, but it will be worth it. Hold off a little bit more if you can. For those who have Macbooks and Macbook Pros right now, don't fret, you still have a great system nontheless. Just re-evaluate your options if your laptops don't run the way they should in the near future. I currently have a Core Duo iMac at home and it runs like a charm. I also have an Athlon 64 PC. But I never, ever had an Apple laptop. Don't you think I deserve to wait for the next best thing? You too... Thank you all for you time.