The LOST Death-Chimes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sawtooth811, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Sawtooth811 macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

Does anyone EVER wonder whatever happened to the DEATH-CHIMES after '97?

I Remember when we used to have a Power Mac 5200/75 LC back in 1995, and the Death-Chime on there was SOOOOO Unnerving:eek: and I had nightmares for YEARS!:( Also, when I was little, I held my dad's Quadra AV tower's power button after the startup chime played, then two seconds later, I heard, "BLLLLLL-DOOOKI-DOOKIE-DRRRRRRRR!":eek: VERY LOUD on his HUGE Speakres which were turned up loud on accident. It caught me off guard, and I began to cry!:( NOW, I think it's a funny death chime!:D

2. td241 macrumors newbie

download mactracker to hear all previous models' death and startup chimes! the Performa 5xxx series had SCARY-ASS death AND startup chimes!

3. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

Yeah, Mactracker has the chimes. That one is funny. The Performa 5X/6X does have a scary chime. Kinda like the THX noise for startup.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yea some of those sounds are quite eerie! ive got mactracker its awsome, i might put one of those onto my ringtone :)

5. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

Go to Mactracker and click All Models, and then try, for example, the IIsi. The first time I heard it on mine, it had me reaching for the you-know colored trousers. Those Series II Macs had the worst-sounding death chime. Strangely, the chimes preceding them, and the ones thereafter, were rather more musical, a bit like the door bell sound.

6. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Nice idea!!:p

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i just did about 15 minutes ago. my msg tone is now "Macintosh II (Death)" haha. i like that one, seems kinda like a 'me' msg tone.