The Lucifer Project

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Stridder44, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

So my friend told me about this and I couldn't help but share. Check it here: http://www.rinf.com/news/nov05/lucifer-project.html

Basically turning one of the Gas giants like Saturn into a star. This new star called Lucifer will be used to trick many and fulfill prophecy, lead the world into destruction and chaos so the new world order can rise, along with the world leader (taken from this site).

After he told me this I had to laugh and ask where he keeps his tin-foil hat (conspiracy theorist). But I had to do some research on my own and of course post info here. Personally, I don't think Saturn even has enough mass to make a sun. Thoughts?

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

3. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Evil comes in many forms. We must strike down the unholy with great wrath and vengeance.

4. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

There. Fixed that for you!

5. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I was so fascinated by the development of the Monoliths igniting Jupiter into a sun and live forming on Europa.

6. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

We don't actually need to work very hard to lead the world into destruction and chaos; efforts along that path have been taken capably in hand already, wouldn't you say?

As far as Cassini and Galileo go, I regard them as positive investments, love that we keep working to explore our larger environments and admire all who have worked to make those explorations possible.

Why is it evil if some of the explorations have in mind a desire -- or recognition of necessity-- to see how feasible it could be to relocate to another place in our solar system.

Meanwhile we should probably try to remember that it's Mother Nature who's actually the "world leader" around here, and she's not likely to be deposed to our advantage. Apparently there are tipping points on atmospheric conditions that we don't want to approach if we can avoid it.

I'd focus on that before I'd worry much about the effects of some scientists having a go at lighting up Saturn. I'd ask about alternate energy rollout right here on earth. Question our use of petroleum resources while they last. Ask why we allow our manufacturers to make plastic food jars that are not recycled, for instance. Shall we use the last barrel of oil for that, for the plastic head on a Barbie doll, for intravenous tubing, for home heat, to drive an ambulance to an emergency room or to decorate a new gas station with bright colored triangular plastic flags waving in the breeze? Talk about Lucifer Projects...

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i'd say conspiracy theory all the way. people have way to much time on their hands sometimes.

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Hey, aluminum-foil hats keep your head nice 'n' toasty! :D
    Win!

9. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Kinda sounds like the plot of that movie, "Sunshine", throwing a bomb into the Sun to reignite it.

10. Avenueoflight macrumors newbie

Avenueoflight

11. MikeTheC Guest

MikeTheC

Gallifrey -- Capitol City, Prydonian Sector
    What a nut.

Ever give a mind to what if it wound up turning Saturn into a grenade? Ever have a look at those rings? Just what the aich ee double-hockey-stick do you think would happen to the rest of the system?

I remember, years and years ago there was some scientist being interviewed on PBS who was advocating we blow up the moon. His point was that we shouldn't have some kind of superstitious fear of re-arranging the universe.

I'm not saying we should never, ever try terraforming another world, and I'm certainly not suggesting we shouldn't be preparing to eventually leave Earth so that in the case of 1. The eventual death of our sun; or 2. Collision with a large asteroid; or 3. Some other planet-side originating catestrophy sufficiently compelling, we would have somewhere to go, and the means of getting there in a survivable fashion.

But that's a far, far cry from saying we need to turn planets into stars. Likely as not it's as foolish a notion as the alchemic transmutation of lead into gold.