The Lucky Labs spectra or iCarbons?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rjbeh, Mar 27, 2012.

1. rjbeh macrumors regular

Guys, I need some advise here, hope anyone of you in this forum is kind enough to help me out.

I am currently looking to purchase side decals for my iPhone 4S, and currently stuck between the lucky labs and icarbons... which is better?
    I will use it together with my vapor pro.

Thanks heaps.

2. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

My vote goes to Lucky Labs. I've gotten stuff from them several times, and their stuff is always great quality. Plus you get more than iCarbons for the same price: 3 Spectra wraps (with a ton of colors to choose from) or 2 Teksure wraps for $9.99. It looks like iCarbons only comes with 1 set.

3. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

4. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

+1 on icarbons. Love their quality, ease of install, and customer service.

5. Benson11 macrumors regular

Benson11

My vote goes to icarbons because it is pretty much . It is easy to install and all of the skins from iCarbons are high quality.

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

Anyone know an alternate way to contact LL, instead of email? I received my order yesterday and it was missing one of the Spectra wraps :(

Emailed first thing yesterday morning and have not heard back.

7. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

Look at the "Contact Us" section of their website. They're on Facebook and Twitter. They also have a handy dandy phone number for you to call them (just scroll down past the fill-in fields).

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Once you contact them, you shouldnt have an issue. Great CS.

9. iFiend macrumors 65816

You hit the nail on the head...

Came back here to post my story, and hopefully sway the OP towards Lucky Labs, if only for their awesome customer service.

So as I said before, I was missing the "powdered blue" wrap from the set of three that I ordered. Sent them a second email through their contact form on the website today and got a response fairly quickly. Explained to them that I was really torn between getting the blue or getting transparent/silver. I asked for his opinion and kindly gave me just that. The final email stated that they were going to get my powdered blue (I stuck with it) wrap in the mail today, and also "We'll throw in a clear wrap too, for your troubles :)"

In the time and age where I feel like customer service has gone to pot, LL stepped up and went that extra mile. And you know what? They gained a loyal customer in doing so.

10. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I have no experience with iCarbon so I say LL. I have bought many items from them and the quality and cs is top notch IMHO.

11. rjbeh thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks all for the opinions, really appreciated them :D

I went ahead and bought the lucky labs texture wrap.

Anyone used it before ?

12. iFiend macrumors 65816

I have not used the wrap, but I have a Teksure skin on the back of my iPhone 4, and a Spectra wrap on the sides. The cut is about as good as it gets.

One word of caution (and I am not sure if this applies to the Teksure wrap, but it does for the Spectra) - be sure to not stretch the wrap as you lay it down on the sides of your phone.

Enjoy!

13. rjbeh thread starter macrumors regular

the texture wrap arrived yesterday and the postage arrived quicker than i thought, here's the pic on the texture wrap on my iPhone, i'm rocking it with vapor comp artic and vapor pro royal purple (on my 4S). :D

Attached Files: