The MacBook Air brings back old memories...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ZBoater, Jul 29, 2011.

1. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I have a closet full of old PC games, from Kings Quest, to the original Wing Commander, Crusader, and on and on. I've always wanted to spin them up for old time's sake, but keeping an old computer running proved very time consuming and difficult.... until now!

Children of the 80s/early 90s rejoice! :D Keep that lantern glowing, or you will likely be eaten by a grue...

[​IMG]

(MS-DOS 6.22 running in a VM under Parallels 6 using an image from boot disk.com, found the Zork files and burned them to a CD, and had the VM access the Superdisk and copied the files onto the VM hard disk. Next up, King's Quest!) :cool:

2. KPOM macrumors G5

That's a blast from the past. I remember playing Zork on a Tandy 1000 EX back in the mid 1980s. That's one game that the Intel HD 3000 graphics can handle. :)

3. h00ligan macrumors 68030

4. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

I was born in the early 80's but don't remember Zork. I keep hearing about it. First time was on my favorite TV show. Thanks guys for sharing about Zork. I'm hoping to try to get into it myself. Nothing truly beats the old DOS videogames.

5. ZBoater thread starter macrumors G3

ZBoater

I found a brand new, sealed, box of OS/2 Warp v3 in my closet. This is from an era when installs were measured in MB, not GB. :D That's going on right after Windows for Workgroups 3.11. I'm even installing Ubuntu if it ever downloads. :D My MacBook Air will have a pretty extensive personality!!!

6. h00ligan macrumors 68030

There are some old games (maybe zork) for iPad too I believe.