The Macbook blues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by shockbrigade, Mar 31, 2008.

1. shockbrigade macrumors newbie

I just got a new Macbook. I've had it for 2 months, its been freezing alot, Sometimes certain applications wont start (itunes specifically) and when I leave it for a couple hours idle, I come back and the mouse and/or keyboard stop working for a minute or two then come back. I called tech support (lack there of) and got put on hold for an hour.

Anyone having or had similar problems? Solutions?:confused:

2. Pacer69 macrumors member

It sounds like you have some major system corruption. What third-party programs and haxies have you installed? Limewire, torrents, etc. can cause some bad stuff to happen.

If I were you, I'd simply back up my data and nuke and pave...start up from your install disk, erase the hard drive and reinstall the entire system. That's what Apple is gonna tell you to do anyway.

I'd do a custom install and uncheck the foreign languages, printer drivers, etc. unless you need them. All that extra stuff adds up to 4 or 5 gb.

3. TSE macrumors 68030

Back up ONLY the certain important documents you need, do NOT back up any applications you can easily download and install again. Then, put in the CDs you got with the MacBook, erase and install, then see if it works good fresh. Then install your applications and documents 1 by 1 and see which one corrupted your system.

Sounds more like a software problem. DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNKNOWN STUFF FROM TORRENTS OR LIMEWIRE. Those are always troublesome.

4. dino9832 macrumors newbie

Someone posted earlier about pending print jobs really hosing the system.
    You may want to make sure you don't have any print jobs.

5. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Are you using a third party keyboard or mouse? Maybe reset your PRAM? Then try a clean install.

6. shockbrigade thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

Lately my keyboards been shorting out even more, Ive done my best to clean the system. Only now sometimes not only does it short out, when I push "h" on the keyboard it displays other characters like "a" or something else.:mad: