The MacBook Pro 13" is pretty good!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MikeinJapan, Nov 27, 2010.

1. MikeinJapan macrumors regular

I sold my 15" i7 and bought a MBA but wasn't for me so I bought a 13" MBP today. I never considered the 13" but I need something lighter and smaller. I am a freelance trainer and I travel all over Japan and asia.

Anyway, I picked up the 13" (2.4Ghz) and upgrade the RAM to 8GB and HDD to 500GB 7,200rpm (4GB SSD hybrid) and it screams. I didn't think I would enjoy the 13" because of the screen (res and glossy) but I am presently surprised! I will need something more for home.

This thread doesn't have much purpose but if you have never considered the 13" MBP for some reason give it a chance.

2. Dented macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I've had the mid-2009 version for the last year and still think it's a great machine - a near perfect combo of size, practicality and power. For us it completely replaced two Windows machines and remains our sole computer, neat enough to stow away and forget when we don't need it, but "big" enough for everything else as well.

3. Built macrumors 68020

I only use my MBP while travelling, and the 13" size is PERFECT...I agree...Good machine.

4. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

I just got the macbook pro 13" as well, and i love it.

i want to get an ssd, and i was considering the Momentus, is that the one that you got?

how is it?

i can get one today at microcenter for $100~.

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I've got one and I haven't done anything yet that it can't handle :D

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

the 13" MBP is very popular ... I think it is the sweet spot for MBPs

My MBP has never failed in what I need it for ... runs Adobe CS5 just fine :cool:

7. fsumom macrumors regular

I've had mine for a few weeks now and love it. I bought it to replace my 6 year old desktop.

8. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

9. RedburnIV macrumors regular

RedburnIV

Yeah, I bought mine like two weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It's a little beast of a machine, and can handle all my music, videos, and photos. I'm thinking of getting more RAM put it in but idk if I trust myself to install it, but it doesn't seem too difficult. If you need something powerful yet portable I'd go with the 13". I didn't get the 15" cause it was just way too much power than what I needed. Great Machine!!

10. spmiz12 macrumors regular

I truly believe this is an amazing machine with potential, increase ram and HDD. Yet I have to confess the 15" hi-res antiglare is amazing; is that worth $800????? I think it is great, but not worth it unless you can afford that major jump up to it....... You stack a 15" standard, to a 13" standard; I personally love the 13"....

11. Resist macrumors 68030

The way I see it, the more power a laptop has the longer I'm going to own it, making it more cost effective for me. But I got the 13" anyway because I really like the portability and a MBA is just to slow.

I hope Apple decides to speed up the performance of the 13" comparable to that of the 15" and 17" models. Not everyone wants a bigger screen on their laptop.