The "Macbook Shortage"

Bodega.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
21
0
I ordered mine on Thursday and at midnight last night I got an email that it had been picked up for shipment in China.

To me, that seems *really* quick. I hope that's not a bad sign. :p
 

BrianSalts

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2006
185
0
apple overestimates its macbook shipping wait times.

if your particular model is in high demand it'll obviously take longer (i.e. stock 1199 white macbook)

my blackbook also shipped half a week ahead of the estimated shipping date.
 

Bodega.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
21
0
FFTT said:
My daughter's MacBook (stock) was not scheduled to ship until the 20th.

It just got picked up by Fed Ex SUZHOU China.

Now the estimated delivery date is the 20th :D
Same here - maybe our macs are sitting in the same truck somewhere.

:D
 

evanrousso

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
267
0
I ordered mine on the 12th, I added a gig of ram and a 120 gb harddrive. My card has been charged but apple.com order status is showing that it hasnt shipped yet. Any chance thats wrong? I definetly want mine before the 26th!!!
 

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
2,952
0
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
It takes a day or so for your payment to post.

If you want to verify your payment and order status, you can call the
Apple Payment Team @ 1-877-422-5368

Just have your Web Order # handy.
 

Rodstermac

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
11
0
I just ordered last night and the confirmation e-mail says MacBook #ZOD5. Does that mean anything? Standard old part? You see I am hoping for a good surprise too!
 

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
842
0
This was back in August, but mine was supposed to be here in 2-3 weeks and arrived in 2-3 days. Apple just exagerates their estimated ship/delivery times.
 

Shotgun Pete

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2006
100
0
Saskatchewan, Canada
Caitlyn said:
This was back in August, but mine was supposed to be here in 2-3 weeks and arrived in 2-3 days. Apple just exagerates their estimated ship/delivery times.
lol sadly I ordered mine way back in august.

That being siad, I did get a case that was supposed to arrive in two weeks in two days, so it is just a macbook phenomenon
 

Bodega.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2006
21
0
Mine arrived in Anchorage, then mysteriously bypassed the entirety of Canada (I live in Montreal) to end up in Memphis, TN.

They could have just made a slight detour and dropped it on my house. :)
 

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
1,280
1
Alpine, UT
Bodega. said:
Mine arrived in Anchorage, then mysteriously bypassed the entirety of Canada (I live in Montreal) to end up in Memphis, TN.

They could have just made a slight detour and dropped it on my house. :)
I'm pretty sure that's the main reason they added that hard drive freeze feature for those drops, to speed up delivery.
 

bluegirlxyz

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2006
2
0
grrr...
i ordered mine on the 5th of sept.. it was suppose to be shipped by the 14th.. on the 15th they emailed me and extended the estimated ship day to the 26th now :( i think ill never see it....... oh, i ordered the black macbook, with no customization.
 

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
2,952
0
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
Original expected ship date was the 20th
Delivery scheduled for the 27th.

MacBook left Anchorage Alaska Saturday

JUST GOT DELIVERED THIS MORNING!!!!! :D

Gotta go pick it up at the office. Go Fed Ex!

My daughter will freak.

She wasn't expecting it until the 27th.
 

evanrousso

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
267
0
FFTT said:
Original expected ship date was the 20th
Delivery scheduled for the 27th.

MacBook left Anchorage Alaska Saturday

JUST GOT DELIVERED THIS MORNING!!!!! :D

Gotta go pick it up at the office. Go Fed Ex!

My daughter will freak.

She wasn't expecting it until the 27th.
ARGGGGGHHH!!!

I want mine to ship already! It is supposed to ship on Thursday and arrive next Tuesday but I WANT IT NOW!!! Everyone seems to be getting theirs early so there is some hope.