the macbook: to wait or not to wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cthomet, Nov 7, 2007.

  1. cthomet macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2007
    Location:
    oregon (pronunciation: ˈȯr-i-gən)
    #1
    i have been waiting to get my hands on a macbook for what seems like forever. in reality, i dont really need one until fall of next year when i will be entering college.

    with the macbooks just updated, and macworld looking like it will be devoted to the MBP, i cant decide whether to get the black MB and upgrade RAM to 2Gb or wait for the next update (around april?) since i really dont NEED it right away...

    im hoping some veterans out there can lend me some advice...wait for some significant change around april next year or get it now...
     
  2. CalBoy macrumors 604

    CalBoy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2007
    #2
    If you don't need it now, don't get it now. You're still a senior in high school, which means that you have no solid need for a macbook. Instead, wait until next summer so you can get a free nano and an updated product. I know it's hard, but it's the wiser thing to do;):)
     
  3. chaser84 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    Location:
    Vancity
    #3
    I agree that you should probably just wait. If your going into college or university your going to want a laptop that is current enough to get you through till graduation. Might as well wait around till the next update get the latest and greatest, and stroll onto campus with a fancy new macbook or macbook pro.
     
  4. gojaromeiginla macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    #4
    That would be my advice as well. I have the current Macbook (Non-pro), and it runs fine for me, but it's certainly not that high end. You'll want the best when you enter college. There's no problem in getting it now, but there's also no problem waiting, and the latter will probably pay off a lot more.
     

Share This Page