Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On this week's episode of The MacRumors Show, we're joined by YouTuber and audio aficionado David Lewis to discuss the state of AirPods, HomePod, and Apple Music in 2023 and where they could be set to go in the next few years.

Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos

David is a tech YouTuber and podcaster with a background in broadcast radio, jazz music, and voice-overs – giving him unique insights on Apple's audio products and services. See more of David's work over on his YouTube channel or follow him on Twitter @Dtalkingtech.

Following a major update for the AirPods Pro and the reintroduction of the full-size HomePod, as well as acquisitions of companies like Primephonic and AI Music, Apple seems to have doubled-down on its commitment to audio technology. Yet, amid the delay in launching Apple Classical, a long wait time before the second-generation AirPods Max are expected to be released in late 2025, and fierce competition from companies like Spotify, plenty of questions remain about the direction of Apple's audio products and services over the next few years.

We also discuss some of the latest news, including Apple's breakthrough with non-invasive blood glucose technology designed for the Apple Watch, Apple suppliers making a start on a cheaper second-generation mixed-reality headset, and the sealed original iPhone that sold for over $63,000 at auction.

Listen to The MacRumors Show in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Castro, Google Podcasts, or your preferred podcasts app. You can also copy our RSS feed directly into your podcast player. Watch a video version of the show on the MacRumors YouTube channel.

If you haven't already listened to the previous episode of The MacRumors Show, catch up for our in-depth discussion about Apple's positioning in the ongoing race to develop generative AI tools.

Subscribe to The MacRumors Show for more episodes, where we discuss some of the topical news breaking here on MacRumors, often joined by exciting guests like Andru Edwards, Tyler Stalman, Jon Prosser, Sam Kohl, Quinn Nelson, John Gruber, Federico Viticci, Sara Dietschy, Luke Miani, Thomas Frank, Jonathan Morrison, iJustine, Ross Young, Ian Zelbo, Jon Rettinger, Rene Ritchie, and Mark Gurman. Remember to rate and review the show, and let us know what subjects you would like the podcast to cover in the future.

Article Link: The MacRumors Show: David Lewis Talks AirPods, HomePod, and Apple Music in 2023

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
You've got work to do...🤔🤔

----------------
TVreporter said #3

"Really need to fix that thumbnail- poor David!"
----------------

I agree but it"s not this that I meant above.

Last edited:

jctevere

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2009
Apple really needs to open up the support for atmos via Airplay to non apple speakers / devices that support it.

Super frustrating that I’d need to buy a standalone Apple TV just to get atmos with my home theater setup (Sony OLED with Sony HT-A9) when the tv has Apple TV app and supports Airplay and atmos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.