Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On this week's episode of The MacRumors Show, we catch up on the latest rumors about Apple's iPhone 15 lineup.

Apple's iPhone 15 lineup is expected to be announced in around two months. A growing pool of rumors about the devices present an increasingly clear picture of what to expect: The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus are set to gain the Dynamic Island, the A16 Bionic chip, a USB-C port in place of Lightning, and support for 15W wireless charging with third-party chargers. The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are expected to offer even further upgrades with features like a new titanium frame, thinner bezels, the A17 Bionic chip, a new periscope telephoto camera with 6x optical zoom on the Pro Max, and a mute button in place of the existing switch. The Pro models could also see a price increase compared to their predecessors.

We also discuss the launch of Threads, Meta's new Twitter competitor, our current perspective on iPhone cases, and the state of foldables following the debut of the Google Pixel Fold. Listen to The MacRumors Show in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Castro, Google Podcasts, or your preferred podcasts app. You can also copy our RSS feed directly into your podcast player. Watch a video version of the show on the MacRumors YouTube channel.

If you haven't already listened to the previous episode of The MacRumors Show, where we ponder some of the devices and apps we wish Apple would make.

Subscribe to The MacRumors Show for more episodes, where we discuss some of the topical news breaking here on MacRumors, often joined by exciting guests like Andru Edwards, Kevin Nether, Arnold Kim, Ben Sullins, Mark Gurman, Marcus Kane, Christopher Lawley, Frank McShan, David Lewis, Tyler Stalman, Jon Prosser, Sam Kohl, Quinn Nelson, John Gruber, Federico Viticci,... Click here to read rest of article

Article Link: The MacRumors Show: iPhone 15 Rumor Roundup

• Sad
Reactions: madmin

markgpearse

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
I thought the video was about the iPhone 15. I couldn't make it through the Threads vs Twitter discussion. I left FB years ago and never joined Insta. So no Threads for me. Zuckerberg is way worse than Musk.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
I thought the video was about the iPhone 15. I couldn't make it through the Threads vs Twitter discussion. I left FB years ago and never joined Insta. So no Threads for me. Zuckerberg is way worse than Musk.

I almost turned it off myself, especially when Dan was saying everyone is going over. I’ve already had a red flag raised with their censorship policies so I won’t use it. I get you need to moderate but you can’t have discussions and have new ideas in an echo chamber. The twitter employees wielded too much power.

ChrisMac47

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2020
What's your beef with Hartley? I really like him and the interplay with Dan.
I agree, nice interplay. Dan's affable and good fun but says the first thing that comes into his head, whilst Hartley is more considered and knowledgable. By the way, neither of them mentioned that Threads is not available in the EU because Meta insists on storing data on EU citizens in the US, contrary to EU privacy law.

Reactions: madmin and Naraxus

preyan

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
i came here for iPhone 15 news, I was enjoying the first 5 mins of threads, and then I saw the total video time and closed the video 😂

Reactions: Blue Nova

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
Sorry guys, but this week’s episode felt like a real drag to me. The Threads segment went on for far too long and I think Dan really made it clear he likes the service.

Oh, and by the way, Dan, you’re considering Android just for the foldable? Really?

Last edited:

Snoochibear

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2023

On this week's episode of The MacRumors Show, we catch up on the latest rumors about Apple's iPhone 15 lineup.

Apple's iPhone 15 lineup is expected to be announced in around two months. A growing pool of rumors about the devices present an increasingly clear picture of what to expect: The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus are set to gain the Dynamic Island, the A16 Bionic chip, a USB-C port in place of Lightning, and support for 15W wireless charging with third-party chargers. The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are expected to offer even further upgrades with features like a new titanium frame, thinner bezels, the A17 Bionic chip, a new periscope telephoto camera with 6x optical zoom on the Pro Max, and a mute button in place of the existing switch. The Pro models could also see a price increase compared to their predecessors.

We also discuss the launch of Threads, Meta's new Twitter competitor, our current perspective on iPhone cases, and the state of foldables following the debut of the Google Pixel Fold. Listen to The MacRumors Show in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Castro, Google Podcasts, or your preferred podcasts app. You can also copy our RSS feed directly into your podcast player. Watch a video version of the show on the MacRumors YouTube channel.

If you haven't already listened to the previous episode of The MacRumors Show, where we ponder some of the devices and apps we wish Apple would make.

Subscribe to The MacRumors Show for more episodes, where we discuss some of the topical news breaking here on MacRumors, often joined by exciting guests like Andru Edwards, Kevin Nether, Arnold Kim, Ben Sullins, Mark Gurman, Marcus Kane, Christopher Lawley, Frank McShan, David Lewis, Tyler Stalman, Jon Prosser, Sam Kohl, Quinn Nelson, John Gruber, Federico Viticci,... Click here to read rest of article

Article Link: The MacRumors Show: iPhone 15 Rumor Roundup
So Dan, when and why did you think that MacRumors would be a good forum to post all your hate for Twitter and Elon?

RWI

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2023
I think we see a generation thing here.
And I think a 'wisdom comes with years not with feelings' thing.

crezo

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2009
The telescopic zoom is what I’ve been waiting for for about the last 5 years. Was buzzing to hear we’re finally getting one… but only 6x zoom?! Seriously? 🤦‍♂️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.