Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On this week's episode of The MacRumors Show, we talk through the latest rumors about the next-generation AirTag, iPad Air, iPad mini, Apple Watch, and Apple Watch Ultra.

Firstly, we react to the rumor that the second-generation AirTag is set to hit mass production in the fourth quarter of next year, taking a look at how we use AirTags and what a new model could offer. We also discuss the latest reports about the next-generation iPad Air and iPad mini.

We look at the new color options and features reportedly coming to the Apple Watch Series 9 and second-generation Apple Watch Ultra, Apple's plan to progressively reduce the bezels of the iPhone and iPad, our first smartphones, and our feelings about watchOS 10 as we approach its official release.

Listen to The MacRumors Show in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Castro, Google Podcasts, or your preferred podcasts app. You can also copy our RSS feed directly into your podcast player. Watch a video version of the show on the MacRumors YouTube channel.

If you haven't already listened to the previous episode of The MacRumors Show, catch up with our discussion on how we would make changes to Apple's product lines in an attempt to make them simpler and more consumer-friendly.

Subscribe to The MacRumors Show for more episodes, where we discuss some of the topical news breaking here on MacRumors, often joined by exciting guests like Andru Edwards, Kevin Nether, Arnold Kim, Ben Sullins, Mark Gurman, Marcus Kane, Christopher Lawley, Frank McShan, David Lewis, Tyler Stalman, Jon Prosser, Sam Kohl, Quinn Nelson, John Gruber, Federico Viticci, Sara Dietschy, Luke Miani,... Click here to read rest of article

Article Link: The MacRumors Show: New AirTag, iPad, and Apple Watch Rumors

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
Product line is watered down. Consilidate. iPad mini with promotion, iPad Air, iPad Pro.

MacBook Air in 13”/15”, MacBook Pro in 14” and 16”

And the base watch is a no-buy 2nd year in a row. Might as well get a gen 7 still.

Absolutely right. ProMotion across the board except for maybe a base model iPad to be as cheap as possible for education.

Still happily using an S7 and only tempted by the Ultra but it’s too big.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

1800AirTAG

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2014
Real question. I have seen snippets of these videos, some good, some great, others just meh (to me).
I don't know how you decide what topics to discuss or guests to invite, but have you ever considered making a poll and dedicating one video a month, or whatever frequency you decide, to macrumors members' popular vote?

I would be much more enticed to watch it if it were a topic I was interested in vs. what seems to be random based on the latest rumors, and when rumors are slow, it's very random.

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
I always get the cheapest aluminium Apple Watch but am seriously considering the stainless steel after seeing how much better the stainless steel gold looks than the aluminium gold. You only live once, may as well get the nicer looking watch.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
Real question. I have seen snippets of these videos, some good, some great, others just meh (to me).
I don't know how you decide what topics to discuss or guests to invite, but have you ever considered making a poll and dedicating one video a month, or whatever frequency you decide, to macrumors members' popular vote?

I would be much more enticed to watch it if it were a topic I was interested in vs. what seems to be random based on the latest rumors, and when rumors are slow, it's very random.

So much click bait. That guy Dan (or whatever his name is). I don't have to watch his video to know the format, complain about a few stupid things, wrap up with a "Tell me what you think in the comments".

Park quality content, this is a formula that is probably making money for them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.