The Magic Mouse Struggle...please help...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lina231, Sep 30, 2014.

1. lina231 macrumors regular

Hi Everyone,
    So after having my macbook air for about a year and a half I decided today to purchase an iMac. It is so much easier to do a lot of my school work on the desktop at home then it is on my macbook. However, I am so used to the trackpad that I am struggling with the Magic Mouse...sort of...I have most of the gestures down except for the gesture to go back and fourth between pages (such as webpages, like on a trackpad). I just wanted to make sure that the mouse does in fact have this capability and that my mouse isn't malfunctioning.

I am doing the normal motion to go in-between pages, and although it pulls the page it does not go to the previous page. Is there a certain trick to it?:eek:

Thanks ahead of time.

2. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Same as the trackpad, only just using 1 finger. Make sure you have all the desired gestures enabled in SystemPreferences/Mouse. You also might like the Apple wireless Trackpad with your iMac ... I like using both as they each have their advantages with certain activities. Plus, when just surfing through the forums here, I can lean back in my chair with the Trackpad in my lap and navigate in comfort.

Enjoy your new iMac!

3. lina231 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much! I didn't have it enabled under the mouse preferences, but now I do and it works fantastically!