The Magic Trackpad rocks!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lotones, Aug 26, 2010.

1. lotones macrumors regular

At the risk of being labeled a "fanboi" (not that I live in fear of such things... preferred spelling btw if you've just gotta sling labels...), I think Apple has completely knocked it out of the park with the Magic Trackpad. I have barely touched my mouse since I got the MT. I don't remember when I've taken so quickly to a new gadget and have gotten so much immediate functionality.

I was skeptical when I bought it because I never really liked trackpads on MacBooks or any other laptop. I have big hands and fingers, and never could adjust to the relatively slight movements on a standard trackpad. The Magic Trackpad is the perfect size for me. After an hour of using the MT I chuckled to myself because I wasn't even thinking about the MT while moving about and surfing the net, dragging windows, resizing text... it's all so natural.

After week it seemed weird that it took so long for the MT to happen. It's a much more natural way to interface with a computer than using a mouse. It takes more energy to mouse a cursor across a screen than with a trackpad. I used to work for a company that designed computer mice for disabled persons. The MT is the ideal device for disabled persons. With calibration it could be controlled with the foot, toes, or nose if necessary. That's outstanding!

And even after reading all the predictions about a touch-screen imac, that seems redundant imho, since it would take a lot more effort to drag your hand across a 27" screen than it does to move your finger across the MT.

Apple gets a lot of grief for just being Apple, and having their Apple-way of doing things. They're not perfect (damn, there goes that "fanboi" thing...), but they should be commended and recognized when they get something so right.

So... well done Apple!

My mouse will soon be shelved next to my zip drive.

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I didn't know Apple made input devices out of rocks! :eek:

3. nawoo macrumors regular

i know what you mean. i tried it out at the apple store one day and totally loved it. It'll totally kill off the mouse that's for sure. Unless if you're a gamer of course;)

4. Sammio2 macrumors regular

Sammio2

<Fanboy>

Couldn't agree more! I went to the local Apple store, and umm'd and ahh'd for about half an hour, finally decided to pick one up. That was two days ago... I sold my mouse yesterday. It says it all really! The Magic Trackpad is one of the best input devices I have ever used!

</Fanboy>

5. Gr80Likes2Boogi macrumors regular

You guys are all morons.

(I say it out of pure jealousy, cause I really, really, really, really want one. Hard to justify though, cause I already have a uMBP with the large trackpad. You can bet though, if I ever get an iMac, it'll be Magic Trackpad all the way!!)