THE MAIL APP ON RMB IS TRULY WONKY

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Nychot, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

I have several Mac laptops, RMB, MBA, MBP all with current OS and apps, but the MAIL app on my RMB does crazy things -- sends and receives duplicates of each email, places email I sent into the Draft folder, and other wacky things. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with applecare, erasing every remnant of the app, starting all over again, and it's doing it all again. Apple claimed there's noting wrong with the app. And I use the same MAIL app on my other macs and have never had a problem. Since I use email everyday for business etc it's truly annoying.

2. mahoneym macrumors newbie

Same. It seems to mess up on sync. I have to close and reopen to get mail at times.

3. relbhcb macrumors newbie

Ever since Mail.app and Gmail started to not play nicely (Mavericks?) I have been using Postbox. Would like to go back but with each new OS release it is looking less and less likely. :(

4. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

Mail app on OS X is wonky across all devices. It's terrible. Rather just use outlook or air mail

5. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Gmail, Outlook.com & Exchange all work perfectly for me on my 1.2 Retina MacBook on 10.10.5. Best thing to do is delete the accounts, set up from new paying attention to the advance settings. If your Mail is not functioning correctly it`s related to software, not the hardware, thinking it is will never solve your issues.

Q-6

6. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Mail app on OS X sucks on all Macs, not just the rMB.

I use Thunderbird now.

7. mahoneym macrumors newbie

Tried deleting all accounts. I also deleted the library remnants, however after setting accounts up as new the app seems to time out on the re-download of my emails. I even let it go over night and it stayed stuck at about 1/3 downloaded.

I have mailmate and it works fine. I will use it until the next update and see what happens. I would like to use the mail app since it is embedded more to the OS.

By the way, I am on 10.11 on the 1.2 macbook. Email accounts iCloud and an imap work account using SSL.

8. markovchain macrumors member

delete accounts ... setup accounts ... sync ... failed to sync ... then delete accounts ... setup. ... failed ..

That's my experience with Mail.app on multiple Macs. Give fxxk up at last,