Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
I have several Mac laptops, RMB, MBA, MBP all with current OS and apps, but the MAIL app on my RMB does crazy things -- sends and receives duplicates of each email, places email I sent into the Draft folder, and other wacky things. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with applecare, erasing every remnant of the app, starting all over again, and it's doing it all again. Apple claimed there's noting wrong with the app. And I use the same MAIL app on my other macs and have never had a problem. Since I use email everyday for business etc it's truly annoying.

mahoneym

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
Same. It seems to mess up on sync. I have to close and reopen to get mail at times.

relbhcb

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2011
Ever since Mail.app and Gmail started to not play nicely (Mavericks?) I have been using Postbox. Would like to go back but with each new OS release it is looking less and less likely. :(

Queen6

macrumors G4
Gmail, Outlook.com & Exchange all work perfectly for me on my 1.2 Retina MacBook on 10.10.5. Best thing to do is delete the accounts, set up from new paying attention to the advance settings. If your Mail is not functioning correctly it`s related to software, not the hardware, thinking it is will never solve your issues.

Q-6

mahoneym

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
Gmail, Outlook.com & Exchange all work perfectly for me on my 1.2 Retina MacBook on 10.10.5. Best thing to do is delete the accounts, set up from new paying attention to the advance settings. If your Mail is not functioning correctly it`s related to software, not the hardware, thinking it is will never solve your issues.

Q-6

Tried deleting all accounts. I also deleted the library remnants, however after setting accounts up as new the app seems to time out on the re-download of my emails. I even let it go over night and it stayed stuck at about 1/3 downloaded.

I have mailmate and it works fine. I will use it until the next update and see what happens. I would like to use the mail app since it is embedded more to the OS.

By the way, I am on 10.11 on the 1.2 macbook. Email accounts iCloud and an imap work account using SSL.

markovchain

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2015
delete accounts ... setup accounts ... sync ... failed to sync ... then delete accounts ... setup. ... failed ..

That's my experience with Mail.app on multiple Macs. Give fxxk up at last,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.