The Matrix: Blue pill or red pill? Which would you choose?

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
If you had a chance to swallow either the blue pill and simply live your world the way you know it today (albeit knowing there's something greater you could've discovered) or swallow the red pill and discover true knowledge and 'reality'. No matter which pill you choose, there's no going back. Which would you choose?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Half and half.

I'd take the one that keeps you in the matrix, because soon after all that Neo comes in and saves us all anyways. That way I wouldn't have to fight them big robots. I have quite an allergy to bullets.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Half and half.

I'd take the one that keeps you in the matrix, because soon after all that Neo comes in and saves us all anyways. That way I wouldn't have to fight them big robots. I have quite an allergy to bullets.
Haha, I meant if you were in Neo's shoes and had no knowledge that you were 'the one'.

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
I'm satisfied enough with my life not to need an escapist fantasy, so I'd take the blue pill. Besides, I'd rather greatness be earned than be something I was destined for.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Why doesn't anyone want to take both?

Perhaps crush them in each hand and lick your palms?

Or maybe smash them together into a purple splotch?

What happens then? :rolleyes:

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Red pill. I'd rather live a real life rather than a shame life. Having a crappy shame life (living paycheck to paycheck, economy going down the crapper, government growing more intrusive) makes the choice even easier.:eek: I'll miss my kids though, even though they're bits and bytes of computer data.:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.