The Metal Gear Online Thread

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Apr 16, 2008.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

So talk about the beta here. I can't wait for Monday, I just installed it and now I am downloading the update, which takes pretty long...

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I have not tired yet, but can someone tell me how annoying the multiple logins are? It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but I would really appreciate someone saying they are not as bad as they seem (eek friend codes!!)

3. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

It's not that bad... Just 2. I made 'em all similar. My PSN is BurntOrange32, my Konami ID is burntorange32 and my Game ID is burntorange. All with similar passwords (except game ID cause it needed #s only... I think.). I'm watching the DVD, pretty good because I haven't played all the games (well... not all through) and this pretty much covers everything.It makes me want to play them all again... especially the ones I haven't played. The beta is sort of pissing me off, this update takes a bit.

4. Pine-Tree macrumors member

Pine-Tree

Well I still don't like the fact that we couldn't just use our PSN accounts for this. You need to create an account with Konami and then another for the actual screen name (or game id) when you play online. I also made them all similar, but still it's annoying and isn't really necessary.

There would be an outrage if this was happening on live with xbox 360. All the games are based off your account you create when you sign up. The only exception I've seen is on EA sports games where you need to give them your e-mail and stuff to get on their servers, but even then you're still using your original screen name and account.

I've already downloaded the beta and updated patch. You will need to sign in using your 'game-id' that you create with Konami. We still need to wait until the beta starts to actual start playing though, for the time being it says there's no servers when you try logging in. The good thing is that you have the option to have it save your log-in information and sign-in automatically.

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

This is a Konami thing, even their sports games have it. Pro Evo Soccer has it, Pro Baseball Spirits has it, every Konami game has a "konami id" since Konami owns the network/servers that you are playing on.

MS just forces the developer to centralize on their servers and then charges the consumer for the what you can do for free on PSN.

Ed

6. JoshLV macrumors regular

I'm the biggest MGS fan ever. It's my favorite game series of all time, but I just think that online ruins it- it's sacrilegious! The game is about stealth, long ass cut scenes, and the perfect story. Don't fix what aint broken!:mad:

7. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

2 separate games, if you don't like the online portion then don't play it. Simple as that.

MGS 4 will still fill the needs you expressed in your post, just skip the MGS Online game.

8. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

For those of you in Europe, the 'open' Metal Gear Online Beta is now available to download from the PSN store.

32% downloaded :)

9. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ahhh, that update took forever. Why is there an update out before the servers start! I'm pissed that the Konami ID site is down. I have an id I just want to make sure I know the password (by logging in) and change the email for it :\.

10. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

I can't even download the update! I got 3% in and it said 'server error'. It keeps happening every time now :-(

11. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Don't worry about not having a konami id yet, when you try to connect using it you get a "can't find server" error, presumably because the servers don't go live until the 21st.

12. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

13. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

You can preorder it at Gamestop (put down however much you want $5 or up). Or try this Konami site which I'm convinced isn't giving any out cause I submitted the form 50 times with 6 different emails.

14. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

This whole thing of getting a Konami ID and Game ID is getting pretty annoying.

I am finally able to register, but then find out that my e-mail address has already been registered. No idea when that happened. So I enter my e-mail address to request my registered ID and I get an error. I guess I'll have to try again sometime tomorrow.

This whole thing just makes me appreciate the Xbox Live system that much more to be honest. Ease and consistency.

15. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

This problem is solely due to Konami and not the PS3.

They could've avoided these problems by just letting you use you PSN sign in, which works just fine for games like COD4.

16. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

well I got the beta yesterday, but I guess it only came with a partial code. Gamestop gave me instructions to get the rest of it, I emailed konami but I haven't gotten a response yet. Anyone else had to do this?

17. marvtank666 macrumors newbie

Hey guys I finally got everything sorted out...multiple ids was more than ridiculous. But it is a metal gear game so I think we all know we will do what it takes to play. Hope to see everybody on Monday.
    Send me a friend invite

psn and xbox live id: marvtank666

18. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

The EU beta is supposed to have kicked off now, but the game isn't accepting my Game ID or Password!!!

Anyone else in Europe have this problem?

19. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tomorrow's the day!! mouchoir: maybe they are just starting them all at the same time. Try tomorrow.

20. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

No, I was right unfortunately. Euro beta was due to start 21 April 00:00 CEST which is 20 April 23:00 GMT.

Bloody thing has been postponed due to 'overwhelming traffic'. There will be an announcement made 22 April 8:00am CEST about when it starts again.

On a more positive note, they have extended the beta a week to make up for it...

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/en/index.html

I hope you in the US and Japan are having better luck?

21. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yup, this just sucks.... I'm in the US but I guess it doesn't work here either. From what I read I think the EU beta is postponed for a bit and the US beta will start tomorrow. But the end date is the 11th of may.

22. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

From the press releases for both EU and US, it appears that there is no definite re-start date yet, but there will be an announcement tomorrow 8:00am CET.

Heres hoping that the announcement is simultaneous with the game launching :)

23. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

I still haven't gotten my 12 digit code yet, emailed them twice

24. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I here the EU beta is postponed with no official start date and the US one should start at midnight Pacific on friday.... :\. I guess that's only 10 here I can stay up and play some, but they better not change it!

25. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

EU beta is also planned for same date. :) I see a lost weekend

Check this site for updates. http://www.konami.jp/mgo/en/index.html