The Might Mouse: One so Tall, Now so Small

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sum 2 Three, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Sum 2 Three macrumors newbie

I come with a sad, but apparently all to common story.

A few weeks ago, I was mad with the freedom of having a bit of disposable income, so I took a trip down to the apple store to see what they had by way of peripherals. I'd be using a rather beat up gaming keyboard and gaming mouse hooked up to my macbook (not a gaming beast, I know, but kinda sorta gets the WoW job done). Anyways, the keyboard and mouse were both getting pretty ratty, and frankly the keyboard wasn't the best for typing 25 page college papers.

To make a longish story short, I end up blowing my money on the aluminum usb keyboard as well as the usb mighty mouse. The keyboard couldn't be better... typing on it is a pleasure.

The mouse... at first I loved it, then I was less impressed, but it has just steady grown on me... until today, that is. The scroll ball has just upped and died. It seems to read scrolling up perfectly well, side-to-side not quite as well, and no longer reads down scrolling at all.

Am I just screwed? Should I take the mouse over to the Apple Store and see what can be done? Should I just cry tears of sadness? I can't help but see this as a terrible omen... just yesterday I ordered a brand new macbook...

Peace

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

rub the nipple along your jeans in all directions pretty hard or on a damp cloth.

3. Sum 2 Three thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm ashamed to say that, while I did try to search for posts, I somehow failed to find the huge thread on the main page. The method didn't fix my mouse, but the issue is pretty throughly discussed there.

Apologies... mods, please feel free to delete this thread.

4. gjw4u macrumors 6502

The next time you per chance pass your local Apple Store, bring in your new mouse, and I'm sure they will replace it for you.

5. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

take it back and get a logitech mx revolution, if you game that is. Its amazing.