The moderation is a bit....excaggerated imo

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by borgqueenx, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

I just come back from a 2-day ban and want to talk about it for a bit.
    I even had contact with the board administrator and he agreed on my ban...

What i did:
    I insulted a chatbot who was spamming the forum.
    "insulted" a member for being a troll, but this did not cause the ban. I got a warning.

I mean....are you familiar with a troll? For example someone saying "damn i will get myself a galaxy s3" is in alot cases a troll who is wanting people to respond to him.

And a chatbot....i was pissed at the chatbot for ruining the forum experience and i get a ban?

I understand insults are not accepted but i just feel the moderators are also a bit bot-like for having no merci seeing the situation.

I really like the forum though for its huge member database where can i can read alot of opinions on news articles and get help about stuff fast:)

I hope this topic can be freely discussed. Im not looking for a flamewar, im looking for an answer on "why the excaggeraton".
    Anyways, il try to behave more then i normally am if im here. I dont want to get perma banned :/

2. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

The mods will say you shouldn't discuss this stuff online. But You've got that complaint.

I agree with you. Sorry mods, but it's too extreme here. I got a time-out for a joke that was misinterpreted for attacking an admin on forum for a previous moderation issue which didn't even exist. And the admin who replied agreed with the moderation. I won't go any more than that or they'll shoot me. And if I report, they'll shoot me again. So I'm in a awkward position as well.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Please read the Forum Rules and the Moderation FAQ.

You post does not appear to be a general comment or question about moderation. You are providing specifics of a particular instance of moderation to which we cannot reply per the forum rules.

Should either of you choose to waive your right to moderation privacy per the FAQ

We can engage in the conversation.

Until then, this thread is closed. Please report this post if you choose to waive your right to moderation privacy so we can discuss specifics.

Thanks!

B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.