The 'Modular' Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Tucom, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

Could this be it?

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Reveals-Project-Christine/dp/B00SZTOONW

I know this has been posted before (I think) - but I think this would be an incredible design and form factor and fits right in with the concept of a 'modular' Mac Pro. Razer nailed the execution (at least design wise) with Christine, but I wonder if Apple will take this engineering platform and do something similar?

Either way, it's a damn shame Project Christine never came about - truly incredible Apple like build and design.

2. flat five, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017

flat five macrumors 601

flat five

i imagine it's too big.. or saying another way-> my guess would be that apple isn't going to make another computer where most users would set it on the floor.. i think it will be another 'desktop' computer as we saw with nMP.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 25, 2017 ---
    the center band wrapping around everything is echoing the classic macPro's feet/handles.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 25, 2017 ---
    maybe they'll just make a desk.. so you buy the appleDeskMP and just plug your displays and whatnot into it.. the computer is in the desktop.. drawer slides out for component swapping.
    yep

3. Tucom thread starter macrumors 65816

Tucom

Yep, and the Razer Core looks like a mini cMP or PowerMac G5. Razer take's so many design cues from Apple, but their execution is excellent and truly 'deserving' of borrowing from Apple.

I've had PowerMac G5's, 2010 Mac Pros, and now a Retina 4K iMac, and now owning a Razer Blade Stealth - it feels overall just as well built as any Apple product I've owned. Truly pleased.