The Moment I'm gonna "pull the trigger" on the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whocaresit, Jul 18, 2010.

1. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

When either Consumer Reports recommends the iPhone or a tech blog confirms insulating coating on production models.

Till then it is a painful waiting game and it's gonna be all about hearing rumors all day long, all week long, all month long and hearing others experiences with the new iPhone 4. :cool:

iPhone 4 is tainting me really bad..

2. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

You asked for it ....They will be here in a little bit..

3. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

You really shouldn't rely on other peoples information, check it out for your self and then decide if you want it. I don't think you can really go by CR's tests since they didn't perform the test on other phones, there is no comparison to look at.

4. Sinfire macrumors regular

I wouldn't wait for Consumer Reports. Until Apple comes out publicly stating that the phone has been modified with a fix that solves the antenna issue, CR will not be any more testing.

Your best bet would be to wait a couple of weeks, go to the Apple store, and try one out and see if it still has an issue.

2nd question to ask yourself.... Are you going to buy a case to protect your $500+ phone. If the answer is yes, then the antenna issue is a non-issue for you.

5. whocaresit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Using a bumper case or any case that covers up the steel band totally makes the great gadget cheap looking. In short, I don't want to cover up my iP4.

6. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

You know most people don't experience the signal issue even without a case, don't believe all the hype.

7. Sinfire macrumors regular

Putting a case on the phone does not look cheap. There are some great cases out there. Besides, are you going more for looks or functionality. You want your phone to look sleek and sexy, but drop it once and the screen cracks, then it is going to cost you $500 to replace it. whereas a $30 case could have saved your phone. But that is my personal choice. I would rather protect my phone than to be showing it off to strangers on the street.

I remember reading a couple of weeks ago that in San Francisco, iPhones are the #1 most stolen item. For someone living there, flashing a brand new iPhone 4 would be a calling card for any thief out there.

8. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Yes it does. I think that's pretty evident and logical. You cover a nice iP4 and it's not going to look as it was intended to. Maybe the correct thing to say is it looks cheaper with anything covering it.

9. macfan881 macrumors 68020

well Said I rather have a case then not and drop it and have it shatterd atleast with a case its saved my iPod touch a few times more than one I'm sure of that.

10. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Your loss for waiting. In the meantime I will be enjoying my iPhone 4. :D

Seriously, this whole antenna thing has been so blown out of proportion and the media is eating it up. The iPhone 4 is an amazing piece of hardware. Wouldn't think of using any other phone. Couldn't be happier!

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Enjoy the wait while the rest of us enjoy our phones. See you in June 2011! :)

12. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Wow, you must be the only person on this planet who will never have an accident or mishap and will be keeping your iPhone encased in a glass display. Without a case, you run the risk of cracking your glass and/or scuffing up your iPhone.

13. owmygulay macrumors member

I don't understand why people continue to think that there will be a change to the phone. Jobs has already said that is just the way it is and to deal with it. They say they don't see a problem with the phone. What makes you think they will change it if they like the way it is? I don't use any case on mine and I am happy with it.

14. xmtgx macrumors regular

Just because he doesn't want to use a case doesnt mean he thinks he will never EVER have an accident. I'm not using a case for the same reason and haven't since the the 3g which I used the case for a week and took it off. I use clear skins though from scratches. Never dropped my phone though.