The month new MacBook Pro's are released

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entatlrg, Feb 23, 2012.

?

The month for new MacBook Pro's, what's your guess?

1. March

11 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. April

22 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. May

24 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. June

43 vote(s)
    34.4%
  5. July

11 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. August

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. September

14 vote(s)
    11.2%
  1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

As many of us eagerly wait for the new MBP's, what's your guess on when it will happen.

I'm going to guess mid June.

Hope it's sooner and it will suck if it's later. I didn't go past September on the Poll because it's just not possible to wait that long. :)

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I would guess but the month I was going to guess for is not there so I guess I will not guess.

3. techfest macrumors member

whats the point of this useless thread?

they come out when apple decides they come out XD

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

True that. If I had to venture a guess though I'd say at the same time as Mountain Lion. Which will be when Apple decides it's ready :p

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I don't care when they are released. I'll buy one once Apple is ready.

I have a good selection of new Macs now and I've never been an impulse buyer.

6. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

Gawdddd! So if one month wins this poll. And the point of this thread is?

7. thundersteele macrumors 68030

It's a poll! You get to see what other people think. If you don't care about it, don't look at this thread. There are enough other threads in this forum to look at.

8. that1guyy macrumors 6502

Well I voted May, because if Ivy Bridge is out April, it seems likely the Pros will be out by a month after.

I did not factor in Mountain Lion. It seems possible, even probable, Apple will release the new Pros with ML already installed. I don't know when that releases, but I am going to guess its not as early as May. June - August seems more likely.

If that's the case, then the Pros might release later than April.

Of course, they might release the Pros in May anyway, and release ML after in August or so. Hopefully they make the option of upgrading to ML for "recent' purchases free.

9. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

I voted march. I think that is being optimistic, but i definitely think that Apple will be launching ivy bridge a lot earlier than anyone else.

10. Murgatroyd314 macrumors regular

This thread reminds me very much of the tale of the emperor's nose.

That said, I'll guess May. I really hope it's before the end of June.

11. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

Rolling off the assembly lines in China right now as we read and type

April

12. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I voted June but I am hoping March. Because I am tired of the threads "Should I buy now or wait" :p

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Many Apple fans are vain, a bit insecure, require validation, seek help making decisions, or all of the above.

Therefore "should I buy now or wait?" or "which model & configuration?" will be questions that prevail for the foreseeable future.

Why some of you complain about this is quite curious. :eek:

14. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

How many Apple fans do you know? I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Apple fans and everything to do with novice computer users who are unsure of what computer will suit their needs because they don't know what specs mean and a variety of other pertinent information required to make a computer purchase.

15. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

I guessed June.

I'm willing to bet the day the new MBP comes out someone will post asking that question.. "The new one is good but I heard the next one will be even better and I don't need it right now but it would be nice. Should I buy now or wait?"

After that thread there will be one where people guess what they think will be on the next one.

Happens every time..

16. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Sorry, as an IT Admin for a large company, on the whole the Apple users do tend to be a *whole lot* more clueless than the Windows ones.

17. lobstahcookah macrumors newbie

Wow

Some guy posts a thread to get people talking, speculating, etc and people come on just to pee on his campfire. You can tell what the thread is about based on the title, so stay away if you don't think it's "useful." Which then makes us think about "Is it fair to define a casual chat as useful or not?!" Bunch of sour attitudes!

Oh, I'll go with May. :)

18. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Not just for the foreseeable future, until the end of time. Or at least until The Singularity, when you become an iPad.

19. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

I've dealt with nothing but Windows users in the IT field and they can be equally retarded. Generalizing usually isn't good practice. There are all kinds of users on every platform.

20. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

21. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

You're missing the "Never" option...

Because the Air/Pro line will be merged. No more MBP's. (Maybe, perhaps, we'll see).

22. StuLax18 macrumors 6502

Ahh crap, I voted wrong, got my information mixed up. Anyway, I don't except March either way because I feel that will be the month of the iPad 3.

I picked April, but I'm guessing May might be more likely, if not June/July.

23. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Way to go out on a limb there. :D

24. KohPhiPhi macrumors 6502a

Absolutely! and if not August, perhaps September, October also being a possibility. Not sure about November, could be too I guess... did I mention December?

:D