The most annoying problem for me right now

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fynd, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Fynd macrumors 6502

... Is a combination of iOS hardware and software limitations.

I constantly see complaints of Safari/app reloads, but i've yet to see anyone mention music apps in particular.

The average morning for me consists of getting in my car, loading up Google Music, picking a playlist and then continuing on my commute. I carry on about my day using my phone as usual, get in my car for lunch, hit play... and U2 comes through my stereo. My bad for not deleting the free U2 album, but the issue here is that Google Music has been flushed from memory and there's no way to change the default music app. Anytime it gets flushed from memory and I go to use a device that taps into my music (bluetooth headphones at the gym would be another example...) it starts playing from Music. This means I either have to remember in advance to unlock my phone and start up the Google Music app, go to the location I was last and hit play or I roll the dice and hope it hasn't been flushed, potentially resulting in me having to do the same thing with the added step of closing out the Music app first.

Probably not alot to discuss here, but I needed to rant about it regardless.

2. eortizr macrumors member

welcome to Apple, where they know what you want and will not let you do anything else.:D

3. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Have you tried Music Launcher? I have no problems with the stock music app, so I don't know if ML works with third party music apps but you can setup hot keys in Notification Center. I have several playlists set up. So with the screen locked I can open NC and boom In one touch, it will shuffle and play a specific playlist. May be worth looking into.

4. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

If were ranting, might as well.

Honestly, I hate the free U2 albums. I have a 8gb iDevice, and getting a free music album is the last thing I need.:mad: