Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
These.

IMG_4772.jpg

Will change the way you watch videos forever. Now I wish Netflix would add the Skip Forward.

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
Which app has it that didn't have it before. Keyboard short cuts and swipes always worked on YouTube. And in music and podcasts these functions were there as well as things like amazon video among others

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
Agreed, I have fumbled to skip the credits in Netflix all the time.
Netflix however gives this option in lock screen when a video is casted or in airplay

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
This is the one reason I prefer to watch amazon prime videos on their app versus iTunes and having to catch the dot on a bar and slide.
Is this a new feature in iOS 11 now?
If so, here I come iTunes! LOL!

Reactions: willmtaylor

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Because it's difficult to get fine control. These are good to quickly skip past intros or back if you miss a line of dialogue.
Exactly THIS!
And with your finger over the bar with the dot you can't see how far you are going back or forward.
With the 10/15 sec back or forward you can be much more precise.
Love this feature as I watch a lot of videos on my iPad 12.9 and Amazon Prime video app.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Exactly THIS!
And with your finger over the bar with the dot you can't see how far you are going back or forward.
With the 10/15 sec back or forward you can be much more precise.
Love this feature as I watch a lot of videos on my iPad 12.9 and Amazon Prime video app.
Don't get me wrong, I certainly see the benefit in these buttons, but you may have been missing a great feature of the scrubber. After putting your finger on the dot, pull down. The further down you go, the finer your left-right control is. It also means you can see the dot.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I certainly see the benefit in these buttons, but you may have been missing a great feature of the scrubber. After putting your finger on the dot, pull down. The further down you go, the finer your left-right control is. It also means you can see the dot.
Oh, I didn't know that. Just tried it and that IS better. THANKS!
Still like the other feature better though of just tapping anywhere on the screen and going back or forward with as many taps as I need.

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
Scrubbing gets tough while in a moving vehicle, even the finer controls become useless at that time

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Skip ahead/back... seems like this was an option in Apple's Podcasts app back in what... 2012?

I used to have a VCR that had a skip-ahead button to FF past commercials. :cool:

Reactions: iFanaddic

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
I just wish they'd add thumbnail previews while scrubbing like almost 90% of video apps out there these days.

But I agree, skip forward and back buttons are a great addition.

Reactions: iFanaddic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.