The most useless ipod accessories

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
My vote goes out to the dock plug covers that came with my 3G Ipod. its takes about 20 mins of fiddling before they actually click in! Does anybody actually use them?

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
mfacey said:
My vote goes out to the dock plug covers that came with my 3G Ipod. its takes about 20 mins of fiddling before they actually click in! Does anybody actually use them?

LOL Yeah about right

Comment

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
I vote for the extra ten metres of cable that you get if you want to use the iPod remote control - is meant to be a feature, the iSkipping Rope?

Comment

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Remote control, I thought it was useful but that's a huge amount of cable... forget it apple, better something that comes together...or not remote at all, I left my remote at home and feel a lot better.

Comment

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
Here's another I don't understand. I you buy a remote control unit for your ipod you get ANOTHER pair of earphones with ANOTHER really long cable. That has puzzled me for quite some time now. I mean how many people that order a remote actually happen to need a new pair of earphones at the same time? :confused:

Comment

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
Hey, I use the dock connecter cover. It only takes me a second or two to put it in, gives you peace of mind that your dock connector won't get dirty.

Anyway, my vote goes for the iBeam, that looks worthless, you can get a keychain flashlight that would be easyer to find and use.

Comment

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Evo iSkins. They are meant to protect the iPod from scratches. But they tend to make it worse because dirt gets trapped underneath the skin and causes more damage. iSkins are pieces of junk. You're better off keeping them inside the Apple supplied pouch or belt clip.

Comment

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
My vote goes to the "covers" by most brands for the 3G iPod which only cover the BACK of the iPod and leave the entire front - screen, four buttons, scroll wheel - uncovered, not even with like plastic. Whats the point, to preserve the metalic back??

Comment

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Chalk up another vote for the iBeam. I was a winner ThinkGeek's 12 Days of Christmas thingy, and opted for the iBeam for my prize--but only because my other choice was a propeller beanie(!). I still haven't taken the iBeam out of the packaging.

Utterly useless idea....an LED flashlight is the same size, cheaper, and doesn't need to be plugged into anything to work. What was Griffin thinking?

Comment

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
This is easy. The Belkin Hard Case seen here is by far the most ridiculous iPod accessory ever conceived. Not only is it extremely ugly, it's a hard case for the hard case you already have.

Belkin's innovative products continue to astound me. :D

Comment

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
mfacey said:
yeah, i think apple realized how useless they were. my mini didn't come with any and i think the 4G stopped using them as well.

Comment

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Microsoft Office 2004 Student Edition. The £109 accessory offered by Apple with the £69 iPod Shuffle at the AppleStore. Or how about accessorizing your £69 Shuffle with £339 Mac mini?

Comment

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
jxyama said:
yeah, i think apple realized how useless they were. my mini didn't come with any and i think the 4G stopped using them as well.
yea mine is lacking the dock cover as well..

another vote for iBeam, useless.

I'm also not going to buy an iskin now... i'm thinking i might buy the $30 socks though... seriously.. that idea rocks. expensive but.. hey, whatever :p

Comment

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
Lacero said:
Evo iSkins. They are meant to protect the iPod from scratches. But they tend to make it worse because dirt gets trapped underneath the skin and causes more damage. iSkins are pieces of junk. You're better off keeping them inside the Apple supplied pouch or belt clip.
I use the iSkin and I think it is great. I have never had this issue. The only thing that ever happens to me is my cat's hair can get stuck to the cover, but I just brush it off....

Comment

TLRedhawke

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2004
I seem to be the only person who doesn't want a case for my iPod. It sits nicely in my breast pocket. I can easily access it, and rubbing against cotton all day has a tendency to wipe away all the nasty fingerprints that inevitably stain those "stainless" steel backs. I have the cleanest iPod I've ever seen.

Comment

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
What do you guys have against iSocks? They're functional, they look good, and stand out among the countless ****** iPod cases. Of course, I got mine for $22, so maybe I shouldn't be talking. ;)

Comment

mvc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2003
Outer-Roa
TLRedhawke said:
I seem to be the only person who doesn't want a case for my iPod. It sits nicely in my breast pocket. I can easily access it, and rubbing against cotton all day has a tendency to wipe away all the nasty fingerprints that inevitably stain those "stainless" steel backs. I have the cleanest iPod I've ever seen.
...and the dirtiest pocket? :p

Comment

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
mvc said:
...and the dirtiest pocket? :p
:D , you win!

That's why I consider the *iSock* (iPod s*cks :rolleyes: ), I have an ipod photo and would like to know if you can change the volume and click on it easily... any help? thanks.

Comment

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
haha. 2 of the most hated ipod accesories i have and use. the iBeam and the iSkin. i don't get why they're hated so much! oh well, i think what i want, therefore iPod what i want.
i think that came out wrong.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.