The most weird browser!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by cool11, Oct 7, 2010.

1. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

I want to make some tests for websites, how they appear to several browsers and I want to know which browser in osx is the most weird one.
    Most people asking for the most compatible browser and we all want a site to be ok when we visit it with several browsers.

But in my case I want to be sure that even with the latest-in popularity- mac browser, everything is displayed as it should.

So, besides firefox/opera/safari/cruz/sunrise/fluid/omniweb/camino browsers, which other browser do you suggest to check, in order to eliminate chances of something goes wrong in website appearance?

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Chrome and the Webkit Nightly build. Other than that you are pretty much covered. You just need to make sure you test with Internet Explorer 6 /7 / 8 and 9 on Windows now.

3. rien333 macrumors regular

Navigator and Netscape. Until I got my mac mini I used a iMac g4 with Navigator as my main browser. Good times...

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Both are dead in terms of people who use them (percentage wise).

5. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

I'm not sure I would do all those browsers. I haven't even heard of half of them, but IMHO you should shoot for:
    • FF 3.0+
    • FF 4.0
    • Chrome
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer 7.0
    • Internet Explorer 8.0
    • Internet Explorer 9.0
    And if you want to be extra special and server to the lowest 2-3%:
    • Internet Explorer 6.0
    • Firefox 2.0

Make sure you test all of those, in both Windows & OSX.

And Have FUN!

6. macdim macrumors 6502

IE 6 will be the death of me. My workplace still uses that turd of a browser and has locked out install privileges. Firefox portable is a godsend!!

Interestingly, it seems that many people still use it outside of companies. I created website for a charity and just glancing at the Google Analytics, it was the second most popular browser.

I say. If you're still using IE 6, you don't deserve to see the web in all its glory.