The Movies

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by sophieb, Aug 31, 2011.

1. sophieb macrumors newbie

Hi, I've just installed The Movies Superstar Edition on my MacBook but after playing for a while I'm getting really bored of my stars constantly having really high stress levels. I've found a mod for stress but when I put it in the data file it my game doesn't start. Does anyone know where I can find some Mac mods (or PC ones that will work on my mac) or some cheat codes.

And before I get the sarcastic 'google is your friend' comment. I have had a look thank you.

:)

2. PatrickCocoa macrumors 6502a

I'm not much help . . .

I bought the game several years ago when I bought an intel iMac and ran it under bootcamp. I believe I rebought it when it came out for the Mac.

My advice, which you didn't ask for, is to play the game as is. Figure out why your stars have high stress and solve that problem.

3. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

Pretty much every PC mod ever made works on the Mac (but like the PC you need to mess about to find the correct location as that is not something that Feral can support even though I know I installed hundreds of mods back in the day during development the first time round). I don't know if the Movies modding threads are still about but their were a lot of Mac users on them when it was first released a few years back due to the Mac having more export features compared to the PC.

Second use Starmaker to make stars that naturally don't get stressed then import them into your game. (Starmaker can be found on the game's pre game options panel as a drop down on the About tab).

Finally you can just use Sandbox it does not have the awards but you can turn off Stars from getting stressed no matter what.

Edwin

4. CarsonGallo macrumors member

CarsonGallo

5. AnaSchramm macrumors newbie

I've just installed The Movies Superstar Edition, and I used the Star Maker to make some stars, but I can't import them to the game. When I open the gam and click on the Stage School, the option Import Star doesn't appear! Does anyone know how to fix this?

6. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

I would check the FAQ's & Manual for instructions if you still have issues then email Feral's support team (details are in the pre game launcher) and they can investigate.