The Mute/Silent Swith is Loose (iPhone 4s)

maxap

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Guys,

I have just received the new iPhone 4s (Black, 64GB).
It goes without saying that I love the phone and everything seems to be great (the screen, the home button etc.)

However, I have noticed that the mute/silent switch is a bit loose. (compared to the iPhones of my friends) It just doesn't feel right: when the switch is in on-off position, it wiggles a little bit.

Do you know whether it is a major problem/defect?
I am so afraid that it will break down in the future.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Mine Isn't Loose

Guys,

I have just received the new iPhone 4s (Black, 64GB).
It goes without saying that I love the phone and everything seems to be great (the screen, the home button etc.)

However, I have noticed that the mute/silent switch is a bit loose. (compared to the iPhones of my friends) It just doesn't feel right: when the switch is in on-off position, it wiggles a little bit.

Do you know whether it is a major problem/defect?
I am so afraid that it will break down in the future.
I would return it, like you said, you don't want it breaking in the future.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Mines the same. Little loose if you run your finger over it length ways. On/off switch is the same.

maxap

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Mines the same. Little loose if you run your finger over it length ways. On/off switch is the same.
Yes. I would really like to know how widespread the issue is. I have seen two iPhone 4's, which have a very sturdy Mute/Silent switch.

Hudzilla

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2007
England
Its not a major issue.

If it does come looser in the future, just take it to an Apple store and they will fix it.

Just enjoy the phone!!!

maxap

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
People just look for the flaws all day long :D
No, it is not true. I knew which issues a new iPhone 4S might have. A quick look at the device revealed that it is almost perfect. I so don't want to send it back: it is only a loose Mute/Silent switch. But maybe it is a good idea to do so. The iPhone 4S is not a 100 euro toy, but a 800 euro one. ($1.077)

Prithvi Priths

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2014
Even my iphone 4s mute switch is loose when toggling it & its little bit tilted when i buyed the phone & brought it to home & i am depressed a lot cause my friends phone has mute switch proper just like iphone 5s. Can anyone tell me what to do to make it proper ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.