The my 7/7 Plus is perfect thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Sep 19, 2016.

1. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

My apologies for all the words but it seems everything around here must be official or it doesn't count.

Despite the claims by the minority that the 7 is plagued with problems, I am 100% completely pleased with my iPhone 7 Plus in Black. My phone doesn't hiss (unless I put my ear to the back in a silent room and run geekbench 4, so I won't do this too often), it doesn't look yellow, it doesn't click when I twist it because I'd never twist my phone, & it has no connectivity problems (despite having the oh so dreaded intel modem /sarcasm).

-The black color is sexy. Space gray was boring and uninspired and I'm so glad to have a black phone again

-The camera is great. Who knows how much it's better than the 6s/6s plus but it takes great picture in my opinion.

-I love the home button. I tried using my wife's 6s and thought the home button felt archaic already. No more crunch home buttons is a huge plus.

-I love knowing I can accidentally drop my phone in my beer/pool/toilet/sinkhole without worry (depending on the depth of the sinkhole of course).

-The thing is fast. Yes the 6s/6s Plus were fast too but at some point we won't be able to tell which is faster. We are nearing that point and I have zero complaints with speed.

-Raise to wake, rest finger on home button to unlock is awesome. I know the 6s/6s plus have this too but I love being able to unlock without clicking anything.

-I actually love the new design with the antenna bands more hidden and no headphone jack. It looks nice and symmetrical now.

-The camera hump looks way better than 6s/6s plus.

I guess I got the unicorn iPhone since it's not plagued with such issues like the rest of this forum. Who else got a unicorn?

2. TurboPGT! Suspended

3. Jetro macrumors regular

Jetro

You can set the home button to unlock with just a touch on any iPhone in iOS 10. Don't need a 7 for that.

4. noobinator thread starter macrumors 603

noobinator

Correct. I guess I was just saying it's nice to just be able to unlock a phone without clicking anything on the 7 and 6s.

5. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

It may not mean much, but curious what your production build week is?

6. noobinator thread starter macrumors 603

noobinator

7. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

Thanks. Mine is supposingly arriving this Wed and it's a week 37 too. Crossing fingers.

8. Talkingtoaster macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

jet black scratches like ****. can deal with that cause life is short and its a PHONE not a baby. camera bump looks like a pimple, dont care. screen isnt any brighter, dont care. screen isnt as blue, with a slighty tint of yellow, dont care. camera quality is better, still dont care but better than a smack in the face. good to have a 4.7 again after 2 years of that paving slab. mine doesnt HISS. i dont sit on phones cause i dont keep them in my backpocket like a dick. always HATED the physical homebutton since 08', new one is amazing.

all in all im a happy guy. it looks sharp in JB from front to black and it goes well with my extensive trainer collection.

9. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Dang it I was just about to post this lol!

10. KRG macrumors regular

KRG

My phone is flawless. Perfect build, perfect (non-yellow) screen, and totally silent.

iOS 10 animations are laggy though...noticeably more so than on my 6S. Probably not hardware related.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 19, 2016 ---
    This.