The "My Sprint service is fine now" thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by burnout8488, Oct 18, 2011.

1. burnout8488, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

burnout8488 macrumors 6502a

On launch day I was achieving speeds in line with everyone else.... dismal. About 5KB/s down, 1KB/s up. In other words, unusable.

Today, everything seems back to normal. At 4AM I was even able to get 100 kiloBytes per second down, and 50KB/s up!

(KiloBytes, not bits.)

Has Sprint ironed out the issues for anyone else? I'm in the Upstate New York area for reference.

My best DL on Sprint 3G, ever:

[​IMG]

2. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Wow, I don't mean to be rude, but if 100 kbps DL was normal, I think I'd kill myself. Att just started to seem much better to me.... :)

I get jealous when I see those who get 8-10mbps, where I get 5-6 max, but even on Edge, I get better than your Sprint speeds. I didn't realize Sprint was so bad. Just to be clear, on ATT, people get about 3-4 MBPS average, many get higher, but even 3mbps is 3 thousand K to your 109. I can't believe Sprint calls that 3G.

3. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Are you kidding me 100kbps?

Anyway Mine is fine so far
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. burnout8488 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My figures are in KiloBYTES, not kiloBITS. kB vs kb. The same unit your web browser uses to download files, so everyone's familiar with it.

JGalan your 1.13Mbps is about 144kB/s, so you're not that far off from me. Looks like some improvements have been made.

5. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Whew, that's better! I was frightened for you there. :) Still not great but that's why it's cheaper I suppose.

6. burnout8488 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah, for me, this is actually quite good, I've been used to Sprint for 5 years now. I'll go park next to a cell tower later and see if I can get some ridiculous (150kB/s:p) speeds.

Regardless of the fact that ATT will still rape Sprint's speeds, this is a hell of a lot better than it was on launch day.

7. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Yeah, simmer down there, you can get whiplash at 150 kB/s!

Still all in all, incredible how far we've come from the 28.8 days. I remember trying to DL a 3-4 mb file via dial up, wow. :) I remember if I connected at a blazing 44-48k I said: YES! Now my home laptop, wirelessly can get well over 20 Mbps, hell, even my 4s can hit 20 Mbps in a speedtest!

8. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Oh I missed that there ha ha, that's good if your latency good too? Man this phone been performing great , camera is amazing :) can't complain I'm happy with it