The "My Verizon iPhone hasn't shipped yet" thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by soadquake981, Feb 4, 2011.

1. soadquake981 macrumors newbie

I actually woke up in the middle of the night and ordered my iPhone five minutes before the official preorder time was supposed to start. However, later that morning, some stupid Verizon rep (falsely, apparently) told me that it's not possible to ship the phone to an address other than the account billing address, so I canceled the order.

After thinking it over, I decided to have the phone shipped to my home, and then my parents would ship it to me at college. However, I didn't place my second order until 4:30pm... so obviously I'm a lot further back in line. And I haven't gotten any shipping updates.

To top it off, another Verizon rep that I talked to said that it is, in fact, possible to ship to a different address. To try to "make it up" to me, she agreed to reimburse me for the cost of overnight Fedex shipping from my house to my college. While this is better than nothing, I'm still losing a few days due to my unfortunate place in line, and the extra day (or two) for the second shipping.

But I've gotten over most of that now! I'm just waiting for updates on shipping! Who else hasn't had their order ship yet either?

2. LookId9 macrumors newbie

If your order hasnt shipped it means it will ship on the 10th. I spoke to CS.

3. soadquake981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Really? So you're saying that they ship in two batches: yesterday and the 10th?

The woman that I talked to today said to expect continuous waves of shipping... if I haven't received shipping information yet, she said it's likely that it'll ship on Monday or Tuesday.

4. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

ohhhh....****, that sucks. I feel for you man, that's a bummer. Though im still doubtful that Verizon would betray their loyal customers like that.

5. LookId9 macrumors newbie

yea, all confirmed orders have been shipped

6. iFitz macrumors regular

WRONG!!! All preorders will arrive on or before the 10th. I actually have an email that states, as promised, all preorders will arrive by the 10th if not before.

7. LookId9 macrumors newbie

things change

8. Lorrix macrumors newbie

That's not true at all. Because another wave of orders are anticipated to begin again on the 9th, Verizon is wanting to get the first wave of preorders shipped and delivered to avoid a massive backlog.

Here's an excerpt from an email they sent out this afternoon (received 4:15 pacific time):

"Congratulations and thank you for your iPhone 4 purchase.

It has come to our attention that your order confirmation
    may have reflected an incorrect shipping date.

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, so we would
    like to assure you that your phone will be delivered on or
    before 2/10 as promised."

I had a problem with the shipping on my first order as well. Despite properly inputting my address, it did not go through properly, and I was directed by customer service to cancel the order (losing my place after ordering right when orders opened, sigh) and attempt to reorder with a proper address (which still did not work but the second person I talked to gave me a much better solution that didn't involve my canceling the order AGAIN).

My second order went through at 10:30 am pacific time, my update status still says processing. I'm assuming they're shipping in waves, first successful order, first served, and we'll have our phones before the 10th, no problem.

9. iFitz macrumors regular

The email came from them today, so no things have not changed. Stop trying to deliberately piss people off.

iPhone 4. Verizon. It begins.
    Your recent order

Congratulations and thank you for your iPhone 4 purchase.

It has come to our attention that your order confirmation
    may have reflected an incorrect shipping date.

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, so we would
    like to assure you that your phone will be delivered on or
    before 2/10 as promised.

If you would like to check the status of your order, please
    visit us online:
    > verizonwireless.com/orderstatus

We recognize that you have a choice in wireless
    service and would like to thank you for your loyalty
    to Verizon Wireless.

The phone that changed everything.
    Now on America's most reliable network.

10. soadquake981 thread starter macrumors newbie

So basically, you're in the exact same boat as me! I also had a problem with my original shipping address... the room # was cut off the address, and when I called to see if they could fix it, that's when I was told about the shipping address problem. I didn't realize that canceling and reordering would put me at such a disadvantage!

But wait, how did you get an email from Verizon about the shipping date if your second order hasn't been processed yet?

11. Lorrix, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

Lorrix macrumors newbie

We're totally in the same boat. Hey, sometimes it's just nice to know you're not alone, right?

And I had the same thing happen...I inputted my address properly. My billing address was right, my shipping address was cut off. The first person told me to cancel and reorder, so I did. The second order did the same thing, so I called again and got a really nice guy who was upset that I was told to cancel because really all I had to do was have Verizon contact Fed Ex when I got the tracking number to have them change the address directly with Fed Ex.

Man, was I ticked off. >< So yah, I am waiting, just like you. I'll bet that once one of us gets a shipping confirmation, the other won't be far off.

And why would that guy report me for posting an excerpt from an official email that everyone who placed an order received, lmao? Did I break the ToS, or is he reporting himself for being a troll? ;)

12. iFitz macrumors regular

Here's what Verizon told me when I called. I had my phone shipped to my office and the suite number cut off. Another person in my office said her apt. No. cut off too. So I called Verizon and i was told there was a glitch in the confirmation notices but the full shipping address will appear on the package. Good to know, if its true.

13. soadquake981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Come on guys, let's be serious. So I shouldn't expect to see any activity over the weekend on Verizon's end, right?

14. soadquake981 thread starter macrumors newbie

So the good news is that a Verizon rep just told me it's possible to submit an address change request once I've received a tracking number. He said that it's not guaranteed to work, but it's a good option.

He also said that the iPhones are shipping continuously (not in waves or batches), and that the absolute latest that one would receive his/her pre-ordered iPhone is Thursday (the 10th).

15. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Because heaven flippin' forbid you have to wait a few extra days... :rolleyes:
    Seriously, some of the people in this crowd have the biggest cases of "Veruca Salt Syndrome" I have ever seen - "I want it now and I'm going to throw a hissyfit until I get my way." Not just in this thread - across the internet.

It's. A. PHONE.
    Seriously. Chill out. You aren't going to die if you get it on Thursday instead of Monday.

16. soadquake981 thread starter macrumors newbie

I totally understand what you're saying, and I agree. We should all calm down a bit. It's just the fact that I could have been (and actually was) in a much better situation that irks me. I'm just trying to get as close to that situation as possible, with the resources that I currently have.

17. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

To clarify, I most definitely wasn't aiming that specifically at you - just the general attitude of what I've seen over the past few days.

Good luck to you!

18. iFitz macrumors regular

You have to admit that it is pretty entertaining. Lol. I'm not worried. Had my iPhone 4 since June so this is nothing new to me. Just a new carrier. But its just as bad on AT&T launch day, maybe worse. People getting this excited over a new device is interesting. I've had every iPhone and its always like this. Never seen this for any other device. Says a lot about Apple.

19. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

It's more annoying than anything. Now it's harder to find the actual posts of any substance, because we have to wade through the thousand threads of "OMG IT SHIPPED / IT DIDN'T SHIP / IT'S STUCK AT UPS / WHERE IS IT / IT'S ON THE TRUCK / IT'S LATE / IT'S EARLY"

20. singsopera macrumors member

Happened to me too. I read when going thru the payment options that my credit card had to the be same as the shipping address. Well, I took a bold approach and tried it and it went through. I am at AZ State for school and it all went through. Phone is still stuck in Memphis with no further updates but at least I know it's coming to AZ....I feel yah, sorry you had to go thru that!!!

21. tkberkeley macrumors newbie

My Verizon iPhone hasn't shipped yet

I ordered my Verizon iPhone on Feb 3 mid morning. My confirmation said it would ship by 2/9

22. soadquake981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Man, think about it for a second. You're spending time on an online forum dedicated to "Mac Rumors". You can't be serious if you're expecting to read anything other than crazy posts by a bunch of crazy people.

23. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

You have a point, I'll give you that much. Would be nice to see more intelligent and thought-out posts, though. Break up the flow of incoherent nonsense and duplicates.

24. soadquake981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good news! Although the order status page is giving me an error. I called the *611 number and it says that my order has been "processed and shipped". I used the FedEx/UPS reference number tricks to track my package, but nothing yet. My credit card has been billed, and My Verizon is showing that I can no longer upgrade. At least I'm making some progress!

I ordered at 4:30pm, in case you didn't read the first post... so we're getting pretty close to the end of the pre-order.