The Mysterious Case Of The Shrinking Screen!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by intempo808, Jan 14, 2008.

1. intempo808 macrumors regular

Well, I've had my Week 41 iPod Touch for just about 2 months now. Last weekend I turned it on only to discover that my screen was smaller.

By smaller I mean that there was a whole row of pixels around each edge not being used. They're obviously not dead because the interface on the iPod Touch is still in proportion and nothing is missing.

So, I'm restoring it now as I type, but if anyone can shed any light onto this situation or oddity, it would be much appreciated!

2. delude macrumors 6502

How strange! I'd love to find out why this has happened, and if it can be resolved.

3. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

That is amazingly odd!! Well... honestly the only thing that i could think of would be to restore your iPod and prayyyy!!!! haha

4. intempo808 thread starter macrumors regular

Well... after a very long and slow restore (iTunes decided to download 1.1.2 again :confused: ) It reset everything on my iPod Touch and deleted all my settings... however, the screen is still the same.

To be honest I'm not sure if i have only just noticed it be chance and that it has always been like that. I mean everything still looks amazing and is in the correct proportions.

Do you think it is worth the hassle of a return or not? It doesn't bother me... just a bit weird.

Could some kind person tell me if their iPod Touch screen goes all the way to the edges or not?

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I highly doubt your screen is getting smaller... you probably just never noticed that it doesn't go edge to edge... there is a small gap between the image on the screen and the edge of the opening where the screen is placed. It's normal.

6. RazerM macrumors member

It has always been there - I restored once because of it before I knew that. It's only really visible in sunlight (border appears grey rather than black)