Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbird

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Canada
I was just looking at the Apple store refurb prices. They still list the older Mac Pro models with prices that haven't changed since the introduction of the new MP's. Somebody would have to be nuts or very ill-informed to buy a refurb at the old prices.

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
I was just looking at the Apple store refurb prices. They still list the older Mac Pro models with prices that haven't changed since the introduction of the new MP's. Somebody would have to be nuts or very ill-informed to buy a refurb at the old prices.

to be fair it does say original price......

but yea, that should be changed

MikeL

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2003
Bloomington, MN
There are always people who find some reason to believe that the old models are better than the new models.

If Apple can make some money from that, I'm all for it.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I can vouch for there being some very uninformed customers shopping there. for instance, one morning they had a 1.66 Ghz CoreDuo 1 GB RAM Mac Mini there foe 650... I laughed, because I have one for sale with better specs for way less then that, but theirs was gone same day!!!

newtech

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
"..B-O-O H-O-O...". "...there is a sucker born every minute...". Very sad some people have more dollars than sense. eBay was built on people who have no idea of value.

cal6n

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2004
Gloucester, UK
It always takes a while for the refurbs to drop in price. Once new and old are in the channel, then you'll see a difference.

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
gawd thats nothing compared to what apple products sell for on ebay.

60+ Mac Pros on sale (fleece) on EBay right now.... I guess a lot of "old" Mac Pro owners are dumping them for the new model.

In other news, the ATI Radeon x1900xt still on sale at the Apple online store for the low, low price of only $400.00 !!!!

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
I laughed, because I have one for sale with better specs for way less then that, but theirs was gone same day!!!

Yes, but then everyone knows Apple. None of the people you are advertising to know you. That, plus a warranty, make a difference to some people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.